Author Topic: Gay Marriges.  (Read 21752 times)

peterpensioner

Re: Gay Marriges.
« Reply #15 on: Dec 10, 2012, 05:36:05 PM »
According to the Office of National Statistics (ONS) approximately 1% of the UK population regard themselves as gay. Also according to the ONS only 32% of all marriages in the UK are conducted in church. So assuming all the gay people in the UK decided to get married this would represent about 0.32% of the population would want to get married in church. Should we change centuries of law and custom for such a miniscule percentage of the population??  

Dottie1943

« Reply #16 on: Dec 10, 2012, 06:35:24 PM »
My short answer is YES :)  if those .32% want to get married in a church why not but what I disagree about is that it is taking up too much parliamentary time in allowing it to happen and I wish they the politicians would get as animated over the subject of fairer pensions!!!
Breath in Breath out then repeat only when necessary!

granny bee

« Reply #17 on: Dec 11, 2012, 07:33:19 AM »
Argree Dottie, there must surely be more pressing issues to be discussed in Parliament!  Sadly I feel that 21st century views are not for the traditionalists amongst us, who are made to feel 'homophobic' merely for for daring to express an opinion.

Dottie1943

« Reply #18 on: Dec 11, 2012, 10:27:04 AM »
Granny, when I was much younger and came across "gay" people then, I used to laugh at them and make jokes of them.  Now I am older I have learned to accept all people, was I homophobic when I was younger, I don't think I was, I was nervous yes and thought it strange and odd that same sex people wanted to live together and I will be honest even go on to say I was not happy being in these peoples company in case it was catching!. How stupid and ignorant was I!!!!

Later, and as I got older I developed new friendships through work some of these were "Gay", people who became good friends and I am pleased to say still are.

I believe that the older we get the more we are prepared for changes, and I do hope that this will happen to most people who do not understand.

Rita Postlethwaite

« Reply #19 on: Dec 11, 2012, 10:31:50 AM »
I agree with you Dottie but I think you were replying to Grannybee!  ;D
Never look down on anyone, unless it is to offer your hand to help them up.

Dottie1943

« Reply #20 on: Dec 11, 2012, 10:33:15 AM »
Quiet true Rita, its the fog this morning ;D  I will go back and change it

rex williams

« Reply #21 on: Dec 11, 2012, 07:11:01 PM »
Express an opinion thats fine,but not in a derogatory manner.

Thesheriff

« Reply #22 on: Dec 12, 2012, 05:43:11 AM »
At last a firm decision that Gay marriages will not be allowed in Church of England & Wales Churches.   

Marriage has always been a union between a Man & a Woman from the beginning of time and this should never be altered.  Marriage between two Men or Two Women is a sham and should never be consecrated in the house of God.

All this argument has once again been brought to the forefront by the PC brigade and the fact that Gay People wish to be considered normal - well I am sorry but they are in my view not normal.  That is coming from someone who has and always has had Gays in the Family - I can tolerate their sexual preferences - but they know that if it ever came to a Wedding !  they would not need to send me an invitation.

What the Pensioners Organizations should do - is get out on the streets and make as much noise and clamour as the Gay Rights Groups do - until then no one is going to take a blind bit of notice of OAP's rights or lack of them.

Going further anyone not married at the time of the birth of a child - should not be entitled to any of the Benefits available to married people - and I mean any of the benefits - if young single women knew that they would not be entitled to a free house and enough money to enable them not to work - they would be more inclined to not bother becoming pregnant.

Any couple just living together means they are not committed to each other - and if they are not committed to each other - why should the Country be committed to providing benefits for them.

I was told many years ago when at school being prepared to enter the working populace - You make think from the age of 16 - 20 that your job is hard work - you will soon discover  the hardest job you will ever have -  is making a Marriage work   - a very wise teacher he was.

If I wake up in the morning - I know it's going to be a Good Day - just consider the alternative !!!!!

granny bee

« Reply #23 on: Dec 12, 2012, 07:29:48 AM »
Guess we are all entitled to our sexual preferences, just don't understand why gay ones get such high coverage, why they need gay pride parades, propaganda exuding from some soaps etc.etc.  Perhaps it is time for some 'straight' pride parades? ::) ::)

NittyGritty

« Reply #24 on: Dec 12, 2012, 09:00:28 AM »
#22 & #23.Excellent posts.
Nice to be nice,and civility costs nothing

firenze

« Reply #25 on: Dec 12, 2012, 10:37:59 AM »
An excellent expression of bed rock values Sheriff, live and let live where the differences that nature imposed on gays exists.  To use the Church as a theatre is not acceptable to me, I admire the Gay couples that get on with a happy life in their own way as many do without offence to others.
Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Mark Twain.

rex williams

« Reply #26 on: Dec 12, 2012, 03:10:25 PM »
You are close minded and prejudiced against homosexuals,what is wrong with homosexuals.
When did you decide you were heterosexual? at what age if you dont know its because you
Never had to decide.you just are the way you are.
Homosexual people never decided they wanted to be gay.why are people so closeminded.
The church covered up for decades,priests sexual abuse also the church of England and Wales.
Then saying gay marriage is wrong,covering up sexual abuse is ok.
Our own vicar in Holywell N Wales was convicted of sexual abuse with young girls
Our previous vicar J Evans was good a real christian,worked in Rainhill mental hospital for many years.
He is now retired but still working for the poor and underprivledged in soup kitchens.
Being a christian is not about going to church once a week,but about helping others,practising what
You preach.Well done cameron and senior torys for standing up for gay rights a tough job.
Also Alan duncan,gay tory MP and Nick Herbert well done.
Welcome to the new conservative party.

sparky

« Reply #27 on: Dec 12, 2012, 03:50:06 PM »
Rex, I don't think I am prejudice, and maybe I am fortunate in that my  hormones I reckon are correctly in place, but, whichever way you see it it is not natural behaviour, so why they must keep trying to brainwash everyone into thinking it is, baffles me, I can only think its their way of trying to normalise in their own minds, their unnatural quirk of nature, the Sheriff could not have made the case clearer, and as far as Camerons crusade on this, it just proves that like the economy, immigration, overseas aid, he can't get anything right.

Gennaio

« Reply #28 on: Dec 12, 2012, 04:28:56 PM »
Hallo granny bee, interesting post; I think that Gay Pride marches are all about equality, a desire to be treated in a fair way.

Gennaio

« Reply #29 on: Dec 12, 2012, 04:41:59 PM »
Hallo Sparky
I think your whole post smacks of prejudice; I really don't think any of us are in a position to judge whether our hormones are the 'correct' ones, or, otherwise.