Author Topic: Dogs in Spain  (Read 1945 times)

colin

Dogs in Spain
« on: Aug 02, 2013, 06:56:19 PM »
Hi

I understand that dogs are not allowed on bus's or trains in Spain.

What about taxis?

If you do not drive how do you get dogs to the vets?

Also are they band from all beeches?

Thanks

Colin

xetog

Re: Dogs in Spain
« Reply #1 on: Aug 02, 2013, 07:49:58 PM »
I have never used public transport in Spain so I cannot remark upon the first part of your query although it should have been placed on the expats board.  However, if dogs are excluded from beaches there is usually a sign which states the dates upon which the ban applies (usually summer).  However, I am talking about the Valencia region and others may have different rules.
M. 8)
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

spanishwrinkly

« Reply #2 on: Aug 02, 2013, 09:22:16 PM »
Hi Colin, I am not aware of the rules regarding taking animals on trains and buses, as I have no animals.
My wife is allergic to cats, dogs and other domestic animals, so clearly, we have never had this situation.
However, we have travelled by train into Valencia, which are excellent. Clean, punctual and they are very good value for money.

I have had a quick look on the Renfe train site and you could ask the question online, where a virtual assistant should help you.
Having quickly visited the site, I found that they do allow dogs up to 10 kilos in weight subject to certain conditions.
As for buses and taxis, I do not know.
Regarding taking your dogs onto beaches, as xetog has stated, in the Valencian Province, dogs are allowed on beaches at certain times of the year. Hope this helps.

colin

« Reply #3 on: Aug 03, 2013, 04:00:43 PM »
Thank you both for the info.

romfty

« Reply #4 on: Aug 10, 2013, 08:23:20 AM »
Colin........ a rule of thumb  out here, is if you can carry your dog then you can take it any where........ some bus drivers will moan at you and taxi drivers  well, like the world over will just charge extra. 

They are banned on beaches 24/7   (Alicante area) but only the ex pats conform to the law....... no one else lol!