Author Topic: Sharia Law  (Read 2272 times)

Oldun

Sharia Law
« on: Mar 23, 2014, 05:11:31 PM »
Ref. Daily mail on line. I see there's a move to incorporate Sharia Law into the UK. How can you have a two tier law system? There is only one in the UK that I used to know. Why do the '' powers '' try to change our laws to suit the '' political '' surge of the minorities?

I have signed the petition......http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/
All posts are my opinion.

xetog

Re: Sharia Law
« Reply #1 on: Mar 23, 2014, 05:29:16 PM »
I think that the move is to give lawyers the ability to write wills according to Sharia law, but agree that this is probably the thin end of the wedge.  I do not quite understand the finer points though.  I can't see why a will written by anyone is likely to stand if it in contravention of British law.  I say British in the knowledge that the provisos of Scottish law  relating to wills are different to English.  My own father died in Scotland and his assets were there, so because certain provisions of his English will were not compatible with Scottish law they were struck down and Scottish law applied. Surely it is the law of the land where the person dies that stands, not how the will was written?

M. 8)
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

cheddar-caveman

« Reply #2 on: Mar 23, 2014, 05:33:38 PM »

I presume this is the e-petition you are referring to Oldun? http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/48392

I haven't actually read any article advocating this so don't know how much of Sharia they want to incorporate.
The (minority) Muslim community is very strong and cohesive, this is how Islam spreads. They are also very vocal if anybody says or does anything they don't like and in this country they have basically become a protected species as far as the government is concerned.

Sharia is law based on the Koran dating back to the 7th century, and I can't see how we as a Christian country can pick out the little bits of Sharia law that we like as most of it is abhorrent to the majority of our population.

Will we be happy to stone a woman to death for adultery? Will we be happy to chop the hand off a thief? Will we be happy to execute a murderer? These are some of the realities of Sharia law. Islam and its laws was created in the 7th century and much of it is still there.
This post is my opinion, which you may not like, but I'm entitled to it.
mjodeard@gmail.com
https://www.flickr.com/photos/63508234@N06/with/255625

Granny49

« Reply #3 on: Mar 24, 2014, 10:11:28 AM »
Interestingly, if you read the article it is not about incorporating Sharia Law but about some guidelines written for the drawing up of wills to comply with Sharia Law.  This will not mean they cannot be challenged in the courts.  If we ensured all women in these families (they are the greatest losers) spoke English and were well educated we would stand a better chance of getting these medieval ideas overturned.
Don't get my personality and my attitude confused.  My personality is me, my attitude depends on you.

Rita Postlethwaite

« Reply #4 on: Mar 24, 2014, 11:02:44 AM »
Don`t be in any doubt, one day this "minority" will rule our country, maybe not in our childrens lifetime but eventually.  :'(
Never look down on anyone, unless it is to offer your hand to help them up.

ronyork

« Reply #5 on: Mar 24, 2014, 11:16:33 AM »
The only ones who cannot see this happening are the members of parliament., And it appears that the few  who can see the problems ahead will not speak out because they might be called racist and anti muslim.

xetog

« Reply #6 on: Mar 24, 2014, 12:02:03 PM »
G49,  It seems that we are of more or less the same opinion on this one.  As an Englishman there were no real rules to meet when I wrote my will.  Aside from certain forms of language to make my wishes clear, there was little power given to anybody to change my whims to meet the requirements of others.  I could, if I wish leave all my worldly goods to one favourite, or even the local dogs home should I care to do so and there was no law that made it incumbent upon me to settle anything on anybody.  I can disinherit whomsoever I wish and provided I am of sound mind and not stupid enough to make verbal promises that can be challenged in court, the law says that my will is sacrosanct.  My moral duty would of course not allow me to do any such thing and provided the government of the day fails to get it's hands on my worldly possessions and my wife is well catered for, then my children will inherit equally.  I take it that most of us here are of the same mind.  If I had any illegitimate children, that would cause a problem, but luckily it is not an issue that I have to address.  It can always be overturned by an English court, but only in extremis.

So what is so different about Muslim law?  Their law says they cannot leave as much to their daughters as their sons and they do not have to provide for illegitimate children or divorced wives.  That's OK, under English law they have the same rights, so why make something special just to be different?  I think it's more a matter of the Law Society looking for a new stream of income for their members.  Do I want Sharia law here? No, but lets not call something special when it's not.

M. 8)

cheddar-caveman

« Reply #7 on: Mar 24, 2014, 12:12:19 PM »
As has been said, it is the thin edge of the wedge. Once we give them a little it will grow and I agree with you Rita, this is how they spread Islam and this country will be Muslim as we cede more and more to them.
mjodeard@gmail.com

sparky

« Reply #8 on: Mar 24, 2014, 12:37:16 PM »
This is rather like Sikhs, who are allowed to ride a motorcycle without wearing a crash helmet , or hard hats on a building site, my views  are that  if anyone "whatever religion" chooses to come to this country, you should be made to abide by the same laws as the indigenous population, NO EXCEPTIONS.

cheddar-caveman

« Reply #9 on: Mar 24, 2014, 01:10:47 PM »
Here Here! Why are our governments so weak that they allow these people to come here and change our way of life? I fear for our future generations but then Islam will sneak up on them so slowly, as it is now, that they won't realise what's happening until it's too late!
mjodeard@gmail.com

stellamaris

« Reply #10 on: Mar 24, 2014, 01:20:42 PM »
I remember that exception being made for Sikhs, Sparky. Most motor bike/scooter riders were wearing helmets by them, but some on longish journeys only.  I thought at the time it was a good law and if Sikhs  [relatively few at that time] wanted to risk it then literally on their own heads be it. 

But with the benefit of hindsight, it probably strengthened the case of those arguing for e.g face covering on religious grounds.
Keep on chooglin' - John Fogerty
Pronouns: She/Her/Beautiful/Wondrous one/Dearest Heart

Oldun

« Reply #11 on: Mar 24, 2014, 01:35:39 PM »
Don`t be in any doubt, one day this "minority" will rule our country, maybe not in our childrens lifetime but eventually.  :'(

I agree Rita. In my opinion you would not have to look beyond Saudi Arabia to find out who is promoting and financing this world wide terror. The money has got to come from somewhere and who's got it??
All posts are my opinion.

Granny49

« Reply #12 on: Mar 24, 2014, 01:45:20 PM »
There is one argument that believe can be used to challenge any will xetog and that is if someone is dependant on you when you die and you (one not you personally) have excluded them from your will.  As I understand it the court would look at them being in a similar place to the one they were in before you died. 

So, the guidelines say "'No distinction is made between children of different marriages, but illegitimate and adopted children are not Sharia heirs." means this can actually be written into a will but could be challenged.  If these are young children it would help if the mothers spoke English and were well educated so they either know this is the case or know who to ask about it.

I did have to smile at "'Similarly, a divorced spouse is no longer a Sharia heir".  I can't think of many divorced couple I know who would leave anything (well anything nice :)) in their wills to the x other half.

Don't get my personality and my attitude confused.  My personality is me, my attitude depends on you.

xetog

« Reply #13 on: Mar 24, 2014, 01:50:02 PM »
I agree with what you say Granny49, but my point is that there is nothing to stop you writing what you want in your will, but the courts may change it for various reasons.

M. 8)

Granny49

« Reply #14 on: Mar 24, 2014, 02:00:58 PM »
Totally, as many grown children have found when the money is left to the cat's home  :)