Author Topic: Annother fine mess  (Read 320 times)

xetog

Annother fine mess
« on: Apr 03, 2014, 05:40:49 PM »
I know that this is the DM again, but I just have to remark upon this:

Apparently, although the Scottish independence vote is to be held in 2014, it would not be enacted until 2016, which means that all Scots would be entitled to vote in the General Election to be held in 2015.

Typical isn't it that there now has to be a change in the law to prevent the members of an independent nation deciding who the rest of us can have as a government.  Some real joined up thinking there.  I consider that if Scotland want's to go it alone, it should do so the day after a yes vote.  The details can be sorted out later.

M. 8)
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

Granny49

Re: Annother fine mess
« Reply #1 on: Apr 03, 2014, 05:53:56 PM »
I heard something about this yesterday xetog and can understand your comments about if you decide to go you should go.  It reminds me of the poor couples who decide to divorce but end up living in separate parts of the house until they sell it as they can afford to do otherwise.

If you think about it the Scottish MPs will be retuned in 2015.  In 2016, if they separate they could not be MPs.  We have a five year parliament.  What happens if things are so close next time that we have a Labour/Liberal coalition supported by Scottish MPs?  Apparently some Conservative MPs are asking DC to consider not allowing any elections for Scottish MPs but then they would, wouldn't they.  What a mess.
Don't get my personality and my attitude confused.  My personality is me, my attitude depends on you.