Author Topic: Golf  (Read 13932 times)

Rita Postlethwaite

Re: Golf
« Reply #15 on: Aug 14, 2014, 12:05:25 PM »
Well that put a smile on my face, Hugh, and I am pleased that your (golf) balls are going in the right direction now.  ;D ;D ;D
Never look down on anyone, unless it is to offer your hand to help them up.

Hugh

« Reply #16 on: Oct 02, 2017, 08:42:34 AM »
Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.  

I thought you would have had a change of heart after receiving your email I guess not. Not to worry i am active in other areas but not forums. Getting to know and meet many members of a group called sunset bay owners and friends. Go on holiday there several times a year.  

Was going to write a post on the golf handicap. In the new year golf handicap for men going to change from maximum of 28 to 54 which will allow elderly people and beginners to compete in competitions.  

Hugh

« Reply #17 on: Nov 21, 2017, 08:36:36 AM »
info top handicap for men in 2018 will be 54.

crabbyob

« Reply #18 on: Nov 27, 2017, 10:16:56 AM »
so Hugh what is your handicap now?
have you progressed to the full course yet
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Phil

« Reply #19 on: Nov 27, 2017, 04:22:18 PM »
Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.  

I thought you would have had a change of heart after receiving your email I guess not. Not to worry i am active in other areas but not forums. Getting to know and meet many members of a group called sunset bay owners and friends. Go on holiday there several times a year.  

Was going to write a post on the golf handicap. In the new year golf handicap for men going to change from maximum of 28 to 54 which will allow elderly people and beginners to compete in competitions.  

I have to admit to not understanding this post.

It's over 3 years since the last post in this thread in Aug 2014.

Was your post checked & then posted by the site administrator?
"I've stopped arguing with idiots. They will only bring me down to their level and beat me with experience.”

Paraphrased from George Carlin

Hugh

« Reply #20 on: Nov 27, 2017, 05:31:32 PM »
Hi Crabbyob I play on a full course and I play to a standard of 34 handicap. Starting playing this game so late in life its understandable. The way I look at the game the company, exercise and hitting that little white ball  comes third.

Sorry Phil cannot answer your post, I up set some one and now all my post have to be checked before displayed.

Phil

« Reply #21 on: Nov 27, 2017, 09:51:31 PM »
Hi Crabbyob I play on a full course and I play to a standard of 34 handicap. Starting playing this game so late in life its understandable. The way I look at the game the company, exercise and hitting that little white ball  comes third.

Sorry Phil cannot answer your post, I up set some one and now all my post have to be checked before displayed.

No I meant was your post an old one that had only just appeared or is it a new post that's been checked.

It was the 3 year gap in the thread between the last post & your recent post that puzzled me.
"I've stopped arguing with idiots. They will only bring me down to their level and beat me with experience.”

Paraphrased from George Carlin

crabbyob

« Reply #22 on: Nov 28, 2017, 02:42:06 AM »
just keep going Hugh, like you i didnt begin until i was sixty, and wish i had started a good few years earlier, i find the secret is, dont make it too important, i have a friend who throws things, he threw a brand new wedge into the lake, i didnt help by my hilarity, i offered him a fiver for the rest of his clubs, he hasnt improved in years, nor have i come to think of it, but i only play in summer, i average about 18, sometimes lower, but often higher..
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Hugh

« Reply #23 on: Nov 28, 2017, 05:55:50 AM »
Phil the post was new but there is a few hours delay some times for them to show. A letter was sent to Chris which I have not seen, and he as reacted to it. Sorry cannot say more than that Phil.

Hugh

« Reply #24 on: Nov 28, 2017, 06:01:05 AM »
Crabbyob quite a youngsters when you start I was 70 some thing when I started. If I could put 18 good holes together at the same time I would also be in the twenties. One can only dream and hope.

Hugh

« Reply #25 on: Nov 28, 2017, 07:00:51 AM »
Some people do take the game a little to serious Crabbyob Quite often come a cross a smashed club which is an expensive fit of temper. Me I enjoy the exercise and the fresh air and company.

crabbyob

« Reply #26 on: Nov 28, 2017, 05:48:34 PM »
i enjoy the ability to play a round, so many of our peers cant..
lately my mates can only manage 9 holes [mind you they are now both in their sixties...lol] i have a cousin who plays but we can never get our dates right... i once went just after xmas and the lady [who is a friend] said 'surely your not playing in that [there was about half an inch of snow] so i asked well why do you sell orange balls...lol... i played

Hugh

« Reply #27 on: Nov 28, 2017, 06:14:46 PM »
There quite a number 80 plus in our club who have handicaps of around 25, There was one player 94 but as now called it a day. Where do you play? I play at Oakmere Golf club Notts commanders course. Its a nine hole but go round twice, but teeing off at different tees. What I love about the club no clicks. Arrive between 0700 & 0730 draw a number out of the bag which tells you the time and who you are playing with.

crabbyob

« Reply #28 on: Nov 29, 2017, 05:10:46 AM »
i play not far away mainly at Owson Doncaster, nine holer but not until April

Hugh

« Reply #29 on: Nov 29, 2017, 10:06:25 AM »
I play during the winter months but choose days when there is no cold strong winds or rain. Not having to book a tee time and knowing I will get a game, I can wake up in the morning and decide. I play some or all of these days Tuesday Friday & Sunday. Friday being  seniors over 55 age group.