Author Topic: Today is International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia  (Read 1321 times)

stellamaris

Re: Today is International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2014, 11:42:54 AM »
Thank you Shelton -  Really good choice of name - Much history attached to it.
Keep on chooglin' - John Fogerty
Pronouns: She/Her/Beautiful/Wondrous one/Dearest Heart

Granny49

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2014, 12:13:46 PM »
Shelton, I am sure we will get to know you quickly and I really do want to welcome you to the forum. 
Don't get my personality and my attitude confused.  My personality is me, my attitude depends on you.

Aduk

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2014, 02:16:42 PM »
Why on earth an international day against homophobia, which implies the world is full anti gays, etc, when I suggest most people are rather like myself, not give a stuff one way or another how others live their lives. This is yet another example of their own paranoia, in wanting to ram it down peoples throats by trying to reassure themselves  their preferences are the norm.
As for hating  the liberal party, I have nothing but sympathy for people that can listen to the like of Clegg. Cable etc, and still regard them as anything but complete nutters with their lunatic ideas , but hate no, their abysmal poll ratings, would indicate to me how people generally tend to now regard them as figures of fun, who just need to be humoured

There is an international day against homophobia because gay people across the world continue to face discrimination, prejudice and verbal and physical abuse/violence aimed at them. Until this stops, then there should be a day which educates people that gays just want to live their lives and be accepted in the same manner as anyone else in society. It's nothing to do with "ramming messages down people's throats."

If the Liberals are nutters, then I would like to know what Farage and some of his party members stand for with their racist comments about Romanian immigrants and mosques. UKIP may be polling higher than the Lib Dems but not by a lot and I believe that by the time of the next election, the Lib Dems will be polling higher again when the public see UKIP for what they really are.

I applaud Clegg for have the courage to stand up to them.