Author Topic: You and FB  (Read 2166 times)

avalonmpk2

Re: You and FB
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2014, 01:40:22 PM »
You have about the same amount of privacy on FB as lady Godiva had in Coventry! You are completely exposed!
Stone walls do not a prison make nor iron bars a cage.
Richard Lovelace
DO NOT FORGET TO LOG OFF - REMOVE COOKIES

Lisa

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2014, 02:07:16 PM »
I use it to keep up with the friends and family that have moved away from our area. Do play some games like Wordsearch and scrabble. If you do not put any info. on that is too personal I suppose that is O.K.
Always put your brain in gear before opening your mouth.

Granny49

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2014, 02:19:49 PM »
I have a feeling that, as the ability to keep information (printing?) grew, people have always been worried about this and you can only decide what is the balance for yourself.

How do you find word search, etc., Lisa?
Don't get my personality and my attitude confused.  My personality is me, my attitude depends on you.

Gael

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2014, 02:34:37 PM »
What you do with FB is ignore/delete all the rubbish and use it for what YOU want to do. Despite what they might say, the good folk at FB cannot make you do things.

Problem is the minute you have friends you get pulled into seeing their posts and responses to posts and vica versa.

Lisa

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2014, 12:29:01 AM »
The game is actually Wordscraper and scrabble Mattel.  Just go into the game section and they both should come up. I play both games with family members and being housebound I find it very relaxing and also keeps my old brain active.  Hope you enjoy them Granny49. Let me know how you get on.
Always put your brain in gear before opening your mouth.

Granny49

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2014, 09:39:34 AM »
Thank you Lisa.
Don't get my personality and my attitude confused.  My personality is me, my attitude depends on you.

twinsgran

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2014, 11:35:03 AM »
I use fb a lot. I don't go out so it's my way of having friends to chat to. Of course I can keep up with what the family are doing too. I belong to a couple of interesting pages that help me with work and both my husband and I have selling pages. All in all, it works for me.

Granny49

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2014, 03:25:18 PM »
I'm interested to hear you have selling pages twinsgran.  Did you find them difficult to set up and do they have to connect to an actual sales site?

twinsgran

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2014, 05:11:44 PM »
It must have been simple to set up or I wouldn't have been able to do it! I did my husband's too. It doesn't have to connect to anything but you can put links to your website if you have one. We both have.

GrannyMac

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2014, 10:36:49 AM »

Problem is the minute you have friends you get pulled into seeing their posts and responses to posts and vica versa.

I keep my number of friends very low, I like seeing pictures of my grandchildren who don't live nearby, and I don't respond to much.  I haven't found a problem with it.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Gael

« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2014, 11:04:30 AM »

I keep my number of friends very low, I like seeing pictures of my grandchildren who don't live nearby, and I don't respond to much.  I haven't found a problem with it.

That's good Granny. You've managed to avoid a lot of problems that occur. I got bombarded with friends and hadn't the heart to refuse their requests which resulted in a big mess.

colin

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2014, 11:05:42 AM »
 Not a place I would want to waste/spend my time on.

Can see a benefit for a business but not for personal stuff.

xetog

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2014, 11:08:35 AM »
I use FB to keep in touch with overseas friends and family (as well as Skype).  Personal data held is my name and email address, although it constantly asks me for more and I ignore it.  I sometimes (rarely) use it for a message, and post pictures there when on holiday, that's it.

M.
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

Hugh

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2014, 07:34:51 PM »
Don't kid yourself Gael, there is nothing "private" about this site. Everything you type on here is in the PUBLIC DOMAIN, anyone can read it!

Author Topic: You and FB - Pensioners Forum

www.pensionersforum.co.ukMain Boards  › General Discussion  

[/q]

[/list]
3 days ago - What make you interested Gael? Do you use it yourself? Logged. Remember…the single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that ..

This was on public domain just as CC as said.

Johned

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2014, 05:47:04 PM »
My wife has a facebook page in her name and I usually look at it daily to note any comments mainly from my children and grandchildren who live locally.  However what I can't get my head around, are the numerous people who post their comments and pictures on my wife's page of whom we have never heard lol!  A number of years ago she retired as a boarding school house mistress and many of her pupils were absolutely charming Chinese girls.  One or two have not forgotten my wife and even they are now adults and are home in their own country, they still say a word or two to her.  However half the population of China seem to correspond with her as well! Similarly friends of friends of we don't know who, appear on the site as well.  I know I am an ancient old dodderer and my clued up techno youngest daughter has tried to explain the system to me on a number of occasions but the whole thing is still unclear to me!