Author Topic: How Young Are You?  (Read 1601 times)

Hugh

How Young Are You?
« on: Feb 11, 2010, 04:02:02 PM »
Being a nosy old f--t and looking up members profiles its suprising how many are shy about giving there age. Infact many say nothing what so ever about them selves. Interests, locations and so on. No reason why you should, but it would be interested to know why?

Hugh

Re: How Young Are You?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 11, 2010, 05:43:59 PM »
Being a nosy old f--t and looking up members profiles its suprising how many are shy about giving there age. Infact many say nothing what so ever about them selves. Interests, locations and so on. No reason why you should, but it would be interested to know why?

Just noticed there is no space to enter your interests in your profile may be the moderator could put this right.

JoachimB

« Reply #2 on: Feb 12, 2010, 04:55:25 AM »
Hugh

Nice pic.. It's dam fun diving thou i only did with snorkle.
Used to challenge myself to see how long i could stay below 'earpop' depth.
I think i got up to near 2 mins with some saturation breathing beforehand.
Did most of this on north of cairns when was living on beach with new 1st wife...
[damn sand gets everywhere lol]

Truley i dont understand why many hide age.. I was born black friday aug '59.
And comments about that being too young to be a pensioner mean zero as i will not use a pension system.
Like the royals.. i inherited. And now i'm retired.. All those decades of work.. a bad memory.

I am now addressed as Joachim Alexander Frédéric Louis Boaz-Marmont 6th Duke of Ragusa
:)

J

PS. l'll flesh out my profile so you can nozy it
Sometimes a scream is better than a thesis.

Hugh

« Reply #3 on: Feb 12, 2010, 01:57:26 PM »
I joined this forum to encourage members to try scuba diving if they fancy it, and not to be fooled into thinking like I did that I was too old. It took a young lady called Suzi who encouraged me at the age of 66 to have ago. She changed my life I really love the sport. Even a wheel chair bound person can scuba dive and there are dive centres which cater for disable people.

JoachimB

« Reply #4 on: Feb 12, 2010, 10:57:54 PM »
Hugh

There is no such thing as 'too old'
May i remind many that some of the most famous persons in history gained their fame
well past my age.
And good call on diving for those in chair...spot on.

J
Sometimes a scream is better than a thesis.

Hells Granny

« Reply #5 on: Feb 14, 2010, 03:16:33 AM »
Well, I'm 62

Cheers, Hg
What do you mean, my Birth Certificate has expired?!