Author Topic: How has having a mobile changed your life?  (Read 9593 times)

ronyork

Re: How has having a mobile changed your life?
« Reply #75 on: May 27, 2014, 07:27:50 PM »
Think it was the Mail on saturday an opinion giving  a concern again about mobiles and health mental heath,

Phil

« Reply #76 on: May 27, 2014, 08:55:48 PM »
Think it was the Mail on saturday an opinion giving  a concern again about mobiles and health mental heath,

"I've stopped arguing with idiots. They will only bring me down to their level and beat me with experience.”

Paraphrased from George Carlin

Gael

« Reply #77 on: May 28, 2014, 07:37:05 AM »

They've known for sometime it poses health risks. But will we stop using them? Everyone is too hooked now to stop.

ronyork

« Reply #78 on: May 28, 2014, 08:57:35 AM »
Oh Dear more expense along with smoking and drugs, obesity and perhaps mobile phone mental problems.

cheddar-caveman

« Reply #79 on: May 28, 2014, 10:30:24 AM »
They've known for sometime it poses health risks. But will we stop using them? Everyone is too hooked now to stop.
This has yet to be proved. The majority of phones only produce around 100mW of RF when transmitting, peaking at around 300mW depending how near they are to a receiving tower. The major effect of radiation is heating (microwave ovens) and this will occur in the immediate vicinity of the source, in the case of a mobile the ear and immediate surface of the skull. The skull itself is a pretty good attenuator of microwaves so very little would actually arrive at the brain. 100mW of radiation is not going to have any huge impact over the period of a typical conversation but obviously will with repeated use. The sun has far more effect. The younger the person, the more likely there could be some sort of damage build up over the years as their skulls are much thinner and it is here that concerns are being raised.

If an 800watt microwave oven took just 10 seconds to heat something up to boiling, a 100mW mobile would take over 200 hours!

As in most things in life, moderation 8)
This post is my opinion, which you may not like, but I'm entitled to it.
mjodeard@gmail.com
https://www.flickr.com/photos/63508234@N06/with/255625

Gael

« Reply #80 on: May 28, 2014, 02:33:44 PM »
This has yet to be proved. The majority of phones only produce around 100mW of RF when transmitting, peaking at around 300mW depending how near they are to a receiving tower. The major effect of radiation is heating (microwave ovens) and this will occur in the immediate vicinity of the source, in the case of a mobile the ear and immediate surface of the skull. The skull itself is a pretty good attenuator of microwaves so very little would actually arrive at the brain. 100mW of radiation is not going to have any huge impact over the period of a typical conversation but obviously will with repeated use. The sun has far more effect. The younger the person, the more likely there could be some sort of damage build up over the years as their skulls are much thinner and it is here that concerns are being raised.

If an 800watt microwave oven took just 10 seconds to heat something up to boiling, a 100mW mobile would take over 200 hours!

As in most things in life, moderation 8)

Moderation is a wonderful principle in all things. And I've always had a thick skull so I think I'll be ok. ::)

cheddar-caveman

« Reply #81 on: May 28, 2014, 08:28:11 PM »
Ah, you probably didn't start using a mobile when you were very young but it is very worrying to see all these children, and we're talking 4 and 5 year olds with mobiles. It is ridiculous and they are definitely at risk!
This post is my opinion, which you may not like, but I'm entitled to it.
mjodeard@gmail.com
https://www.flickr.com/photos/63508234@N06/with/255625

Phil

« Reply #82 on: May 28, 2014, 09:25:02 PM »
"I've stopped arguing with idiots. They will only bring me down to their level and beat me with experience.”

Paraphrased from George Carlin

Shelton

« Reply #83 on: May 28, 2014, 09:38:44 PM »
Ah, you probably didn't start using a mobile when you were very young but it is very worrying to see all these children, and we're talking 4 and 5 year olds with mobiles. It is ridiculous and they are definitely at risk!
I think the bigger risk is that we will eventually breed a generation that just has thumbs, for texting, the rest of the palm will be a flat area to hold out to be given things  ;D
not phil

Johned

« Reply #84 on: May 28, 2014, 10:21:38 PM »
Many years ago the enterprising company for whom I worked, manufactured municipal vehicles of all descriptions.  Like in most businesses slack times suddenly emerge but one of the jobs the management negotiated and took on to keep the work force intact and the wheels turning so to speak, was to refurbish phone boxes for the then GPO.  They were collected in their hundreds from all over the country; shot blasted, welded up where necessary, repainted and repaired and returned whence they came.  We were knee deep in the bloomin' things but the company survived and the boxes emerged like brand new into the bargain!

Gael

« Reply #85 on: May 29, 2014, 07:52:28 AM »
I think the bigger risk is that we will eventually breed a generation that just has thumbs, for texting, the rest of the palm will be a flat area to hold out to be given things  ;D

Jaysus!!! :o

Shelton

« Reply #86 on: May 29, 2014, 12:34:55 PM »
This video is doing the rounds, stick with it, it has quite a good message
http://pulptastic.com/video-spreading-online-like-wildfire-see/
not phil

Gael

« Reply #87 on: May 29, 2014, 02:19:31 PM »
That's an excellent video and it's the truth.