Author Topic: Nick Clegg  (Read 8324 times)

Oldun

Nick Clegg
« on: May 22, 2014, 02:37:27 PM »
Do you think N Clegg and his ' goofs ' has spelt the end of him and the LibDems.?

I see him and his party as being a bit of a wet blanket.
All posts are my opinion.

sparky

Re: Nick Clegg
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 03:00:15 PM »
I should not think that his latest in speaking out in support of the luxury lifestyle the taxpayer is forking out for the Hazma family of crooks has done him any favours.
How could anybody take this muppet seriously.

cheddar-caveman

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 04:27:02 PM »
Between him and the Millipeed the Cons must be laughing themselves silly! But all of these "toffs" have had they day I feel, so apart from you and me in their thinking, well me anyway!
This post is my opinion, which you may not like, but I'm entitled to it.
mjodeard@gmail.com
https://www.flickr.com/photos/63508234@N06/with/255625

john mounsey

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 04:47:29 PM »
Most definitely. ;D

sarahbilly 1

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 05:01:59 PM »
the tories should be happy with nick clegg,  he enabled them to carry out all their nasty attacks on the people of this country, and hand us over to the marketeers, what is left to sell off? the air we breath?  it will come home to roost, not only for clegg, but later for cameron and his other cronies. power hungry people will stop at nothing for personal ambition and a seat at the top table.

Granny49

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2014, 06:18:50 PM »
The Liberal Party in some shape of form - joining with the SDP wasn't the first time they had joined two parties together - has been around for a long time and held power many, many times before the Labour party was formed.  With such a gap on the left of parties standing against pure capital who knows what will happen.
Don't get my personality and my attitude confused.  My personality is me, my attitude depends on you.

Aduk

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2014, 09:24:06 PM »
I think Clegg is right.

Abu Hamza has been convicted of the terrorist offences, not his wife and five children. I fail to understand what his family claims in benefits has to do with his terrorist actions.

Granny49

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2014, 09:37:58 PM »
It has to be the right thing to do Aduk.  We cannot punish families because of one of the adults committing a crime.  I do think a review is needed to see if there was anything that could have been done earlier on but, as I understand it, some of the evidence was not available earlier on.
Don't get my personality and my attitude confused.  My personality is me, my attitude depends on you.

Aduk

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2014, 09:47:38 PM »
Yes, the government certainly need to be looking at ways the extradition process can be fastened up. I would just rather two separate issues be kept separate.

GrannyMac

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2014, 10:02:04 PM »
It has to be the right thing to do Aduk.  We cannot punish families because of one of the adults committing a crime.  I do think a review is needed to see if there was anything that could have been done earlier on but, as I understand it, some of the evidence was not available earlier on.

I'm sorry, but in this case I feel this family have taken the mick out of our systems.  Hamza owns another, expensive house, but his family are allowed to remain in the council owned property because its in his wife's name.  Most working couples in London can't afford one decent property.  What a joke.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/477268/Abu-Hamza-s-family-allowed-to-stay-in-1-25-million-London-home-and-claim-33-800-benefits

To add insult to injury, several of his sons have been convicted over the years for different offences.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Granny49

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2014, 10:26:35 PM »
Granny Mac would that be allowed under the housing benefit laws?  I am sure you know about this but you do surprise me.

GrannyMac

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2014, 11:44:36 PM »
Granny Mac would that be allowed under the housing benefit laws?  I am sure you know about this but you do surprise me.

Plenty of couples don't live together, I've come across scenarios where a man works and lives in one property whilst his 'partner' and their children live as a single parent family claiming every benefit they can.  Much better off than living together with him having to pay for everything.

They will state they are not a co-habiting couple, and be believed.  We shouldn't be surprised at the lack of morality shown by Hamza and his family, but there is probably no way in law to get his wife out of her council house.

R. Gervais

Granny49

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2014, 11:50:20 PM »
But they were married, she is his wife, so surely any other property would be part of the "household".  I can't see the bit in the article saying they own another house either.

GrannyMac

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2014, 07:29:05 AM »
But they were married, she is his wife, so surely any other property would be part of the "household".  I can't see the bit in the article saying they own another house either.

Perhaps they have stated they are separated.  Council housing in London is so valuable, there have been other scams uncovered.  In my opinion something is terribly wrong with the benefits system when a husband can buy a house whilst his wife and children get a home paid for via benefits. 

Here's what it says in the link:
Hamza also bought a £220,000 buy to let home in the city while he was in prison. He was able to do so because the family home is in his wife's name.

R. Gervais

Granny49

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2014, 07:43:10 AM »
I missed that Granny Mac ::), thanks for highlighting it.  It certainly seems strange.  I do still feel we cannot treat the family differently to any other family but perhaps we need to do the same as we would in any benefits case and see if they were co-habiting and claiming benefits while they owned this property.

I wonder if they mean the owned home or the rented one when they say "family" home.