Author Topic: Out in the Garden  (Read 6676 times)

Hugh

Out in the Garden
« on: Nov 04, 2014, 04:43:05 PM »
By now you would have thought we could have a rest from the garden but no the grass and weeds keeps growing and it was out with the lawn mower once again along with the hoe.

Citizen68

Re: Out in the Garden
« Reply #1 on: Nov 04, 2014, 05:27:06 PM »
Hugh, it's very lush out there at the moment. I have also been in the garden today, joining your enterprise. The Spring growth is starting to come along already.  :)

Lisa

« Reply #2 on: Nov 04, 2014, 05:49:55 PM »
Leaf clearing seems the main thing lately. Using the mower for this job makes it easier though.  Not much done in the garden today though as it has been raining here most of the day.
Always put your brain in gear before opening your mouth.

Hugh

« Reply #3 on: Nov 04, 2014, 07:33:09 PM »
I guess you must live on the west coast where the wet stuff is Lisa. Here in Rainworth dry but cool and the same for tomorrow. Wrap up warm and out for a game the garden can wait.

cheddar-caveman

« Reply #4 on: Nov 04, 2014, 09:36:47 PM »
We're still picking roses!!!
This post is my opinion, which you may not like, but I'm entitled to it.
mjodeard@gmail.com
https://www.flickr.com/photos/63508234@N06/with/255625

Sheila

« Reply #5 on: Nov 05, 2014, 09:07:44 AM »
It's lovely and sunny here in the north west but rather cold.  I'll probably get out into the garden and do a final tidy up ready for winter.  I've already planted the wallflowers, pansies, sweet william and primroses so the garden should look pretty next spring.  I hope the squirrels haven't eaten the bulbs over the summer.

Lisa

« Reply #6 on: Nov 05, 2014, 12:06:28 PM »
At least the sun is shining here today although it is still very chilly outside.

Here on the Hants/Berks border we seem to catch a bit of everyone's weather. Should have aload of logs delivered later so that will mean being out there to help stack them up.......there again.... I may leave that to the men!!!!  Seems a good idea to me  ;D ;D

Hugh

« Reply #7 on: Nov 05, 2014, 12:26:42 PM »
Pouring with rain when I got up but it soon cleared into a bright cool sunny day.

Citizen68

« Reply #8 on: Nov 05, 2014, 03:31:36 PM »
Hugh, that weather in just the opposite order here! Watch those temperatures, folks, they really drop away in late afternoon, so if you're going out and won't be back until teatime, you need a coat with you, however nice it looks when you leave home.

Hugh

« Reply #9 on: Nov 05, 2014, 04:53:51 PM »
Frost and fog expected to night and tomorrow wrap up warm before going out. Just hope the weeds grass stop growing and give us gardeners a rest.

Lisa

« Reply #10 on: Nov 05, 2014, 06:09:26 PM »
It has already turned cold here. The logs came, all stacked away.. Have a lovely open fire lit and thinking about toasted crumpets.

Think it will be a frost this way as well Hugh. 

firenze

« Reply #11 on: Nov 05, 2014, 07:40:08 PM »
Lisa your logs sound lovely but it is still lovely weather here so not yet the crumpets and fire for me. I rather think the changing season is a good thing to enjoy....so I will :o

CC, my South African lilies are blooming too so I swap a bunch of Pink Princess for a few of your roses :D
Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Mark Twain.

Pete9012S

« Reply #12 on: Dec 13, 2015, 03:09:35 PM »
Our grass is still growing! I will need to cut it once this incessant rain stops!

GrannyMac

« Reply #13 on: Dec 13, 2015, 03:11:57 PM »
Same here Pete!  I don't think it'll get cut now til Spring.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

em

« Reply #14 on: Dec 13, 2015, 03:37:22 PM »
I think grass continues to grow at 45degrees and above (please correct me if I am mistaken!)