Author Topic: Watercolour  (Read 1804 times)

Yellowbird

Watercolour
« on: Feb 16, 2015, 05:40:21 PM »
canot believe I am the only person in this forum who loves watercolour painting
Born sceptic grown even more sceptic sadly

firenze

Re: Watercolour
« Reply #1 on: Feb 16, 2015, 06:06:49 PM »
You are not Yellowbird! we have had some keen water colourists on the forum, I have the accoutrements and have tried but talent I have nil.  Show us your pictures! Our photographers do and they are much enjoyed by us lesser talented mortals.
Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Mark Twain.

Citizen68

« Reply #2 on: Feb 16, 2015, 06:30:04 PM »
Yellowbird, I don't have the talent. It's a great occupation for retirement. I used to like that afternoon television programme (Channel 4?), where a group of people went out for the day and completed a painting by the end of the programme.

Yellowbird

« Reply #3 on: Feb 16, 2015, 07:15:34 PM »
I love painting, almost no talent, but such relaxing fun,  I shall never sell a picture but who cares
Born sceptic grown even more sceptic sadly

rogermurphy

« Reply #4 on: Feb 16, 2015, 08:20:17 PM »
I have tried watercolour painting in the past, although I must admit I much prefer to look at watercolour paintings rather than attempt it myself.

My father used to do a lot of watercolour painting - his specialty was floral scenes and they were beautiful. He even managed to sell a few of them at a local art museum, which was a huge success for him at the time.

Like Citizen68, I also enjoy watching TV programmes related to painting, although I haven't seen that particular one. Do let me know if you remember the name!

Citizen68

« Reply #5 on: Feb 16, 2015, 09:37:12 PM »
rogermurphy, unfortunately the name is eluding me, but it used to be on about 3-4 in the afternoon and involved a group of enthusiastic amateurs going out on location to paint a specific scene or building. They all came up with their own representations of it over a few hours. There were some people with them who gave advice throughout, and did a critique at the end. Think the programme may have been pushed out by quizzes and game shows! Anyone help me with the title, please?

Citizen68

« Reply #6 on: Feb 16, 2015, 09:46:02 PM »
rogermurphy, P.S: if you haven't discovered it yet, there is a good TV series called 'The Joy of Painting.' It is on one of the channels you get with Sky but if you don't have that, you can get CDs via www.saa.co.uk.

Citizen68

« Reply #7 on: Feb 19, 2015, 12:51:13 PM »
rogermurphy, if you aren't already aware of it, BBC 1 starts a new programme based on painting this Sunday at 6 p.m.