Author Topic: Inspiration  (Read 8889 times)

Hugh

Re: Inspiration
« Reply #15 on: Sep 20, 2015, 09:08:57 PM »
Yellow bird you certainly chose a very nice avatar looks very much like a Rock Pebbler an Australian Parakeet. Would make a very good subject to paint.

Johned

« Reply #16 on: Sep 21, 2015, 04:54:07 PM »
I had two schoolfriends citizen68 who both rose to be top link drivers on the BR Eastern Region based in Peterborough, starting out on steam and ending up driving HS125 diesel sets.  Sadly they are both now deceased and the last time I spoke to one of them, I remarked how he must miss the old trains now he was retired.  His answer was to the effect not for one moment did he miss them, referring to the trains as nasty, oily, smelly things!  I found that response rather surprising.

zoony

« Reply #17 on: Sep 21, 2015, 05:00:26 PM »
Yellow bird you certainly chose a very nice avatar looks very much like a Rock Pebbler an Australian Parakeet. Would make a very good subject to paint.
          I may be mistaken but are they not Lovebirds?
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Hugh

« Reply #18 on: Sep 21, 2015, 05:14:11 PM »
Depends on the size, if the birds are small they could well be love birds which have many color mutations.. But the coloring and shape very much like a Rock Pebbler which are around 14 inch long including tail feathers. 

Had a second look and I am convinced they are not Love Birds which you have already stated Zoony.

Yellowbird

« Reply #19 on: Oct 22, 2015, 12:01:50 PM »
Not many people interested in watercolour painting then ?  It is a great hobby
Born sceptic grown even more sceptic sadly

Citizen68

« Reply #20 on: Oct 22, 2015, 08:51:34 PM »
Yellowbird, regrettably I am no good at it.

Yellowbird

« Reply #21 on: Oct 23, 2015, 08:23:00 AM »
Hi citizen you don't have to be good, just enjoy doing it. Great satisfaction when it's even half good

Citizen68

« Reply #22 on: Oct 23, 2015, 11:23:16 AM »
Yellowbird, I have always found that my results are too frustrating, and annoy me. Like to see what other people produce, though. That afternoon TV programme they used to run where a group of amateur artists went out to a location and produced a painting or drawing in a few hours, was very entertaining and enlightening. It would be good to have it back.

Johned

« Reply #23 on: Oct 23, 2015, 01:20:21 PM »
When the mood takes me Yellowbird, I try to execute water colours of our local railway scene pre Dr Beeching, as well as I can remember the scenarios.

Yellowbird

« Reply #24 on: Nov 04, 2015, 04:50:11 PM »
I too discovered adult painting books which are fun and not to be taken too seriously, my husband is much improved and is awaiting an appointment to improve things further, and I am feeling more able to watercolour paint again, many thanks to all the kind enquiries

Citizen68

« Reply #25 on: Nov 04, 2015, 05:10:54 PM »
Yellowbird, I've been wondering, glad the news is good.  :) :)

Rita Postlethwaite

« Reply #26 on: Nov 04, 2015, 08:54:28 PM »
Glad I`m not the only one who has become hooked on these books, it is a great way to pass an hour or two. Pleased that things are looking up for your husband, Yellow bird, hope progress continues. Take care of yourself.  :) :-*
Never look down on anyone, unless it is to offer your hand to help them up.

firenze

« Reply #27 on: Nov 04, 2015, 09:08:59 PM »
I am inspired to paint but have no talent :'( you in this thread are reminding me to try again.  I shall look for these books a few of you mention and see if they are what I need to start with my masterpiece.

I did a mini tour of paintings which had been done on walls and ceilings in German prisoner of ww2 camps.  There were a number of these camps  in East Yorkshire, the huts where prisoners have done this work have been preserved. They are really inspiring, I did wonder if any of the artists ever came back to see.
Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Mark Twain.

Rita Postlethwaite

« Reply #28 on: Nov 04, 2015, 09:12:53 PM »
I`m sure you would love the challenge of these books, Firenze. If you have a "Works" near you then do take a browse, ours has a great selection. You can let yourself go wild with the colour schemes. If I get a chance over the next few days I will put a couple that have done on for you to see.  :) :-*
Never look down on anyone, unless it is to offer your hand to help them up.

firenze

« Reply #29 on: Nov 04, 2015, 09:18:42 PM »
You lovely girl ::) thankyou Rita, yes do have Works at a Freeport nearby, I shall be hot foot to look I had forgotten it and they also do a range of painting needs!
Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Mark Twain.