Author Topic: Inspiration  (Read 8890 times)

Yellowbird

Inspiration
« on: Jul 10, 2015, 06:55:08 AM »
Seem to have lost all inspiration to paint since my husband has been ill
Born sceptic grown even more sceptic sadly

Citizen68

Re: Inspiration
« Reply #1 on: Jul 10, 2015, 07:33:13 AM »
Yellowbird, my own experience was that a lot of things about life altered when my O/H was ill, as you say things you couldn't seem to do while there were other things to take care of. Don't be too concerned that you have lost it, carry on with the current pattern which needs your participation at the moment. You will probably find it will return when the time is right, and you are less preoccupied. Meanwhile my thoughts are very much with you, as I am sure are the thoughts of others too. We hope you feel supported.

cheddar-caveman

« Reply #2 on: Jul 10, 2015, 07:33:33 AM »
Thinking of you YB, what sort of subjects do you normally paint YB?
This post is my opinion, which you may not like, but I'm entitled to it.
mjodeard@gmail.com
https://www.flickr.com/photos/63508234@N06/with/255625

Yellowbird

« Reply #3 on: Jul 10, 2015, 10:15:06 AM »
Thanks C.C and Citizen, your posts are very supportive, I paint anything that appeals to me C.C in watercolour

forrestgumph

« Reply #4 on: Jul 10, 2015, 11:56:19 AM »
Yellowbird, continue with your painting it is the most therapeutic exercise anybody could do and as you know already takes you off to a different world I find that when I am feeling a little depressed to get the paints out does the trick, the painting may not be the best I have ever done but I feel better in myself. ;)

Rita Postlethwaite

« Reply #5 on: Jul 13, 2015, 03:43:50 PM »
I do hope your inspiration returns at some appropriate point in time, Yellowbird, alas for me it has never returned even though over sixteen years have passed, I have just had to move on to other things. Thoughts are with you in these difficult times.  :-*
Never look down on anyone, unless it is to offer your hand to help them up.

Yellowbird

« Reply #6 on: Jul 16, 2015, 06:57:49 AM »
Thanks for kind words Rita, still distracted, desperately trying to get hospital appointment for husband

firenze

« Reply #7 on: Jul 16, 2015, 09:37:45 AM »
Yellowbird - keep hammering for that appointment, people do cancel ring twice a day!  I hope you make progress.

You have reminded me to paint,  I am totally without talent but I do like messing with colour. Never picked up a brush till I took an interest in my new neighbours sign writing skills, he taught it as well as having it as a business.  He kindly tried to teach his wife and me when I showed interest, she had no interest, but I was fired even though I draw like a five year old :D
Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Mark Twain.

Rose cottage

« Reply #8 on: Jul 16, 2015, 12:44:54 PM »
Sorry to hear about these problems Yellowbird.  Health problems are the worst kind or worry and I do hope to hear you are making progress soon.  Best wishes. Rose

Citizen68

« Reply #9 on: Jul 16, 2015, 09:22:08 PM »
Yellowbird, are you not getting help with this from your doctor? Or any other support you may have from a medical professional? How old is your husband? Sometimes you can appeal on age grounds.

G2B

« Reply #10 on: Sep 07, 2015, 09:10:37 PM »
To yellow bird. Ihave had same problem as you, but kept going by only painting size A5 birthday cards  to send to friends and family instead of buying them. Just did simple pictures of scenes or flowers or cartoons on plain paper not my usual style or method as prefer canvas and abstract with touch of realism.
But so glad I did as everyone has kept them and I cannot believe I actually painted them during that time. Good luck.

Citizen68

« Reply #11 on: Sep 07, 2015, 11:37:33 PM »
Yellowbird, how are you getting on now?

Rita Postlethwaite

« Reply #12 on: Sep 10, 2015, 04:24:42 PM »
Hope things have improved for you, Yellowbird. Recently I have found a shop selling colouring books for adults which have quite intricate mosaic type pictures in them and I have become a great fan, maybe one day I will be inspired to paint again.  :) :-*
Never look down on anyone, unless it is to offer your hand to help them up.

Johned

« Reply #13 on: Sep 20, 2015, 11:42:16 AM »
When the mood takes me I like to paint watercolours of what I can recall of the local railway scene pre the Beeching cuts with steam predominating.  I am particularly fascinated by the old Midland and Great Northern Joint Railway, which passed not too far from us and the holiday trains from Birmingham and Leicester which traversed it heading for Great Yarmouth.  This route was sadly closed in 1959 and the track taken up prior to the Beeching cuts and 760 rail workers lost their jobs prior to the redundancy payments act.

Citizen68

« Reply #14 on: Sep 20, 2015, 07:37:40 PM »
Johned, my late father loved steam trains. As a child he lived near the railway and used to dash over to the bridge to watch whenever one was due through. He never lost the fascination, but said he just couldn't get as enthusiastic about diesels.