Author Topic: In Memory of Those Gone Before  (Read 981 times)

Citizen68

In Memory of Those Gone Before
« on: Sep 21, 2015, 04:20:10 PM »
Zoony has campaigned to get us this new facility so, in case he feels all alone out here:

IN MEMORY OF THOSE GONE BEFORE
I'd picked an armful of beautiful blooms to take home and put in a vase. As I was crossing the bridge over the stream, one of them - with a lovely, full-blown blossom - suddenly slipped from the bunch and fell into the water below. I watched it go irretrievably, and mourned its loss, for I thought it the finest of the bunch.
As I stood there helpless, however, I noticed how graciously it bore its passage downstream, how it was buoyed up in the water and offered no resistance to the current. I recalled how the stream met the river, further on, which in its turn led to the sea and the whole wide world beyond. My lovely rose, gone from me, would be part of a greater reality and re-absorbed into the Cycle of Life from which we all spring.
Life renews itself constantly. An apparent end can be an actual re-birth.

zoony

Re: In Memory of Those Gone Before
« Reply #1 on: Sep 21, 2015, 04:57:21 PM »
Lovely C68..Sweetly written. And you're right to think that I feel somewhat all alone out here with such a small response to what I thought would be a valued outlet..Hey ho, it's not necessarily a bad thing. Quantity is nice but maybe quality is better.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Rita Postlethwaite

« Reply #2 on: Sep 25, 2015, 07:05:20 PM »
Another heartfelt piece, Citizen and all the more poignant after your recent sad loss. Sending you love, as always.  :-*
Never look down on anyone, unless it is to offer your hand to help them up.

Salbee

« Reply #3 on: Jan 07, 2016, 10:44:08 PM »
What a beautiful emotive piece of writing that is so obviously from your heart. It brought a lump to my throat as it brought to mind that unforgettable war song, the Roses of Picardy. Well done