Author Topic: Friendly chat  (Read 788 times)

AliD

Friendly chat
« on: Aug 28, 2010, 09:40:45 AM »
Good morning folks - I'm new to this but would really like to chat to retired people living in the UK about their daily lives - no politica, no winging, just good old-fashioned chat. I'm a widow in my early seventies and I'm quite lonely. I use my phone a lot but you can't phone people you don't know whereas, on this forum, you can gain the equivalent of a penpal. Anyone interested? Regards to all - Alice     

Papaumau

Re: Friendly chat
« Reply #1 on: Aug 29, 2010, 12:10:26 PM »
Hi Alice...

I don't think that this forum is really set up as a "chat-room", but I am sure that if you have something to say about the situation that British pensioners are in today we will be prepared to discuss your thoughts with you. At least I will !
Regards....

Papaumau.

AliD

« Reply #2 on: Aug 29, 2010, 06:05:31 PM »
Sorry, John, I misunderstood the purpose of this forum - I thought it was created not only to winge and criticize anything and everything, but also to bring the members together by discussing ordinary everyday events such as 'isn't it good to be alive'.

Thanks for your help - goodbye. Alice

Papaumau

« Reply #3 on: Aug 30, 2010, 11:53:27 AM »
Who's John, Alice ?

I think you will find that not everyone here is here to "whinge and criticise" and that a lot of good discussion goes on here amongst the ones that are willing to take part like this.

Sadly, many such forums often polarise down right and left directions and that can at times cause a bit of friction, BUT...if we just talk about the subjects we are all interested in instead of attacking people for their political beliefs I think you might find that many subjects can be debated without personalised invective starting to creep in.

If any of you REALLY want to whinge and criticise, my own forum is set up to handle subjects that people need to get off their chests. This can be found by just clicking on the banner at the bottom of any of my posts.

Oh yes, Alice, and there ARE a few lighter sub-topics nearer the bottom of the main index-page if you care to write something to those sections.
Regards....

Papaumau.