Author Topic: At last  (Read 1841 times)

Fred Smiff

Re: At last
« Reply #15 on: Nov 08, 2015, 10:51:08 AM »
Well , I'm supposed to see a consultant every 3 months for my colitis , but the last 2 appointments have been cancelled 'due to unforeseen circumstances ' which means that by the time I actually see the Dr. , it'll be 9 months . Good job my colitis is only mild at the moment ! >:(

zoony

« Reply #16 on: Nov 08, 2015, 12:13:55 PM »
Thanks for all the good wishes yet again.  I have never been depressed in my life and would hesitate to describe myself in that way now.  It is just that this run of bad treatment is really grinding me down.  Does anyone else find that they simply can't get the medics to listen to what they are saying?  I will do my best to snap out of it for all our sakes.

Mike

Yes Mike.I sometimes get the feeling that certain doctors have already decided what might be wrong and don't want to waste their time, or get side-tracked, by answering questions that they consider irrelevant or, and this irritates me, that the patient isn't capable of understanding a proper explanation or theory.
[email protected]

Dying isn't the worst thing that can happen. Being kept alive is.
A Freudian slip: When you say one thing but mean your mother.

Citizen68

« Reply #17 on: Nov 08, 2015, 12:26:22 PM »
CC, my O/H had acupuncture and found it very effective. In the hands of a skilled practitioner it is not as gruesome as it sounds so do give it a go, it might help quite a bit. The NHS is letting it in as one of a range of complementary therapies now, which I think is good.

firenze

« Reply #18 on: Nov 08, 2015, 12:35:16 PM »
Yes had Acupuncture...rather a long course too including the needles having electrodes attached to multiply the effect.  It was for a very severe and persistent one sided headache.  Not very effective for me, I think well worth trying as I had reports whilst waiting that it helped others.  I had Needles in ankles, wrists,  neck and face... Not at all painful so fear not CC hope it helps you.
Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Mark Twain.

Rita Postlethwaite

« Reply #19 on: Nov 08, 2015, 01:39:25 PM »
Hi Xetog, Jeffs Dad had this same treatment in the early eighties and it healed so quickly, we were amazed it left only a very small, almost unnoticeable scar. Good luck and know that we will all be thinking of you.  :) :-*
Never look down on anyone, unless it is to offer your hand to help them up.