Author Topic: British countryside...  (Read 1204 times)

Milo

British countryside...
« on: Nov 22, 2015, 09:10:10 AM »
Yesterday out driving, (I can't walk as I used to) we, for the first time visited Brecon to shop at the Morrisons there....from Builth wells we took the road to Brecon and the scenery actually took our breath away...

The snow capped hills rose above the green rolling hills full of Welsh mountain sheep, the roads were clear ( and empty) and the sky was blue...

It was the first time I've shut up for a few weeks, according to OH, and has to be the most scenic route ever that we've had to visit a supermarket to shop...we have others closer by, but the 40 mins drive to Brecon was worth it...

I know I should have took a pic....but I forgot  ::)

Some days you can forget all the worries you have and rejoice in what's around you...and it's good to be alive....

The Morrisons profiteroles helped later on too.... ;D

I'm always inspired by mountainous or hilly scenery, one of my 'wow' things in life :)

Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans. –John Lennon

https://youtu.be/COiIC3A0ROM

zoony

Re: British countryside...
« Reply #1 on: Nov 22, 2015, 09:28:33 AM »
How lovely that sounds Milo. My own drive to Morrisons is short and by no means sweet but once that's done I can set off in the opposite direction and in a short time I'm rising up towards the moorlands of West Yorkshire and North Derbyshire. At one point I can stop at a nice pub and from the car park the vista is a remarkable view of four Counties. Cheshire, Lancashire, Derbyshire and West Yorkshire. Great place to sit and eat a lunch of fish, chips and mushy peas. ;D
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Milo

« Reply #2 on: Nov 22, 2015, 09:48:27 AM »
Zoony, I plan to visit local pubs and awesome British scenery as soon as we've finished tweaking the new abode....

I love Yorkshire ...and haven't visited enough in the past, always jumped on a plane and bypassed the UK, now making up for it....and I too enjoy fish chips and mushy peas...I do so enjoy a pub lunch.... :D  But a pub with a view is just so perfect..

Yesterday before we set off home, we had a quick mocha in Morrisons cafe, it was very busy, so we sat next to an elderly lady having her lunch alone, we got talking as you do, and learnt she'd recently been widowed and was getting out a bit, she told us much about Brecon and we shook hands as we left she wished us all the best in our new home.....how nice is that?
Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans. –John Lennon

https://youtu.be/COiIC3A0ROM

Granny49

« Reply #3 on: Nov 22, 2015, 12:00:29 PM »
I do envy you Milo; you are in a beautiful part of the country.  Before I was dragged (not really - I did agree :)) up to Yorkshire all those years ago we lived in Hereford and I still have dreams of getting back to that part of the world.  North Yorkshire - the bit where I live - is stunning and does have a lot going for it but it's not as gentle as some of the boarders and Wales.

Zoony - you didn't go to Manchester Grammer School did you?  I remember meeting some nice chaps from there when walking in the peaks.  I was 17 at the time - they were nice.  Ah the days of Youth Hosteling.
Don't get my personality and my attitude confused.  My personality is me, my attitude depends on you.

zoony

« Reply #4 on: Nov 22, 2015, 12:03:34 PM »
HaHa! No chuck, I quit school at 14, but I've done my fair share of walking/hiking, mostly on and over the moors when in England.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.