Author Topic: Still hoping to attract more sewers, crafters, etc.  (Read 8835 times)

Maddie Malone

Re: Still hoping to attract more sewers, crafters, etc.
« Reply #30 on: Mar 28, 2016, 02:36:06 PM »
Granny moss I once had one of them knitting machines .
You could make things very quickly but I Found there was nothing like a pair of knitting needles and a ball of wool 😀.
Welcome to th forum 😀

Emmaline

« Reply #31 on: Mar 28, 2016, 03:40:39 PM »
Granny moss I once had one of them knitting machines .
You could make things very quickly but I found there was nothing like a pair of knitting needles and a ball of wool 😀.
Welcome to the forum 😀

I agree with that Maddie, may not be as quick but I love the idea that it's all my own work completely.
All the world is mad except thee and me and even thee's a little odd!

granny moss

« Reply #32 on: Apr 01, 2016, 04:45:34 PM »
Attract more sewers-  To talk about sewing ? To discuss what we are doing ? Are we sewing anything at present.? Or, the things we have done in the past ? At this present time, I should be making the covers for about three foot stools ( the ones on now, are disgusting...) But it takes a lot of good will to beging the job.....How can I get motivated into doing it ?....Shame of the rags that now cover them ? I must not be so lazy......Maybe next week ? ::) gm x

qate

« Reply #33 on: Apr 07, 2016, 02:41:32 PM »
Hi all, newbie to this but love to sew. Mostly dressmaking  for myself and granddaughters. Also done some upholstery work.

zoony

« Reply #34 on: Apr 07, 2016, 04:44:17 PM »
Hi Qate..Welcome to PF. I hope you'll join in some of the other subjects too..Not too many sewers here really but there are plenty of sew 'n sews on other threads. ;D
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Sheila56

Re: Still hoping to attract more sewers, crafter
« Reply #35 on: Apr 17, 2016, 11:51:24 AM »
Hello
I am new to the page but   the comment about Phds made me smile.  My only new years resolution this year was to finish my UfO's and of course Phds, I hit the ground running in January and completed five projects one that had been in my cupboard for over 15 years.  I have just donated two to my cousin who is holding a Ovarian Cancer Research coffee morning on Wednesday coming.  Hopefully she will get a few pounds in her raffle. 
Anyway just in case you think I have joined the group to show off I have to tell you that I now have four new Phds started since January ;D. Seems the more you do the more you make!

GrannyMac

« Reply #36 on: Apr 18, 2016, 06:53:00 AM »
My mum was a talented embroiderer, I still have a tablecloth she she embroidered to match her wedding china which I also still have.  She designed the pattern and had it printed on the cloth.  That was in the early 1930s, and I love the designs from that era.

Mum also knitted beautifully, as well as making curtains and many of my dresses. I have absolutely no talent for any handicraft, poor mum must have despaired when trying to teach me! I've picked up bits of knitting over the years but only ever finished one jumper. I started it for my daughter, and eventually finished it for her younger brother!

My daughter used to do quite intricate cross stitch, and tried her hand at patchwork, so she may have inherited the sewing gene.   I'm sitting in bed writing this, under my patchwork quilt made by my best friend.  She teaches at a sewing class and makes beautiful patchwork, but has long given up trying to get me to take up any form of sewing.   🌻 🌷
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

firenze

« Reply #37 on: Apr 18, 2016, 12:02:53 PM »
What's favourite then GrannyMac?  I sewed, knitted, made leather gloves,dressmaking,gardened, cooked etc; so what you do GM now is rest on your laurels. 
 I May finish a Tapestry begun in 1988 i may not is more likely!  Interested now I shall search memory and make a list of skills tried whilst I still have memory!
Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Mark Twain.

granny moss

« Reply #38 on: Apr 18, 2016, 04:24:25 PM »
I am going to paint watercolours again, hoping that the use of colours will help me out of the blues....while listening to my favourite music on my CD player. As I have lots of frames, collected over the years, I will then, when finished, give them to a charity shop. The Salvation army have already had pictures from me.
Silhouettes sell very well. I also made sewing boxes that fetched good money. So, that will keep me busy.
I get boxes from carboots....and then I cover them with nice fabrics ( Curtains from the charity shops ) They are so pleased, because they seem to sell in a day or so.... Trying to keep busy the best I can. gm x

firenze

« Reply #39 on: Apr 18, 2016, 06:07:44 PM »
Brilliant Granny Moss everyone gains, you enjoyed the making, they enjoy the success of having been sold for a good purpose which is of benefit of others.
Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Mark Twain.