Author Topic: calm  (Read 2056 times)

caminito

calm
« on: Oct 30, 2010, 06:21:31 PM »
We must not get angry with each other on the forum
We must stay calm ..

It definitely worked for me today, and we all could probably use more calm in our lives.

Some doctor on television this morning said that the way to achieve inner peace is to finish all the things you have started.

So I looked around my house to see things I'd started and hadn't finished and, before leaving the house this morning, I finished off a bottle of Merlot, a bottle of Chardonnay, a bodle of Baileys, a butle of wum, a pockage of Prunglies, tha mainder of bot Prozic and Valum scriptins, the res of the Chesescke an a box a choclets.

Yu haf no idr how bludy guod I feel rite now.

Chrisjay

Re: calm
« Reply #1 on: Oct 30, 2010, 10:17:10 PM »
Hope you are still as calm in the morning :-)

Hugh

« Reply #2 on: Oct 30, 2010, 10:26:41 PM »
Hope you are still as calm in the morning :-)

No booze left, unlikely

Papaumau

« Reply #3 on: Nov 02, 2010, 12:56:29 PM »
Funneeee Caminito ! ;D ::) ;D

My old Irish grannie, ( you will hear quite a lot about her if you read my stuff here or anywhere else ), who enjoyed a wee tipple, ( usually a whiskey-hot - as they call a hot-toddy in Ireland ), often said: "Do not suffer hangovers - stay drunk !"

Many of my Irish family subscribed to that epithet as even while they were going to church each sunday and sending me to Sunday school each Sunday morning and The Salvation Army, ( which I actually enjoyed ) each Sunday evening, they almost all got  well oiled on a Saturday night.

Ahhhh...... my formative years. They were great eye-opening days in my young life.
Regards....

Papaumau.

Chrisjay

« Reply #4 on: Nov 02, 2010, 02:00:50 PM »
No where in the world can they drink like the Irish as they say 'the crack is mighty' I served my apprenticed drinking over there and now trust me I can drink most people under the table with the exception of possibly Papa who also apprenticed over there :-)

We should think about a reunion over there sometime for the forum of course :-)

Chris

caminito

« Reply #5 on: Nov 02, 2010, 02:31:46 PM »
I thought that you only drunk SANATOGEN these days  ;D

Chrisjay

« Reply #6 on: Nov 02, 2010, 02:41:51 PM »
You young wipper snapper how dare you  :D

I think I am younger than you so what are you on besides 'life'  :D

caminito

« Reply #7 on: Nov 02, 2010, 03:01:13 PM »
A bottle of Malbec ......my favourite red wine from Argentina ...most days
Followed up with a couple of Brandies ...... purely for medicinal reasons you know  ::)

Chrisjay

« Reply #8 on: Nov 02, 2010, 04:14:00 PM »
I know  :)

caminito

« Reply #9 on: Nov 02, 2010, 04:48:12 PM »
My sons always laugh at me because I never grow up !
Though they have said that they prefer me this way rather than being a boring old fart ! ;D
I am still 25 yrs old in my head . Still like to look at a pretty girl walking by ( though I can't remember what for  ::) )

I wish I had been born earlier ( with good health & money ) and lived in Paris . To be say 30 yrs old in 1955 in Paris would have been fantastic.
Cafe life is for me ! A glass of red or a brandy . A Gauloise .  Great food . A pretty girl by my side. A good tailored suit . Dancing to the wee small hours.
A Citroen Light 15 to drive home in !  Cannes Or Nice for the vacation. ( without the tourists )
Wonderful !!!!!
Got near to it living in Spain for seven years .
My sons say that they are going to engrave on my tombstone .... "I needed that "...... My usual expression as I down my first glass of red of the day !

Papaumau

« Reply #10 on: Nov 03, 2010, 03:25:17 PM »
As far as I am concerned it is a glass of Santogen....AND... a pint of Tennents lager. I gave up the whusky, as it rots your gut.

I must admit that I DO like a wee, ( double ), vodka as well as it is clean and clear and unlike The cratur, has no fusel oils in it. These oils appear in distilled liquids that are not fully distilled and the vodka that I drink is three times distilled.

I was told by an old distiller pal that it is the fusel oils in whisky that give you the hangover.

Now you know there is no need for you to have a hangover ever again !  ::) ;D

Regards....

Papaumau.

Chrisjay

« Reply #11 on: Nov 03, 2010, 03:28:52 PM »
Where does Southern Comfort fit in there as that is my tipple :-)

Chris

Papaumau

« Reply #12 on: Nov 03, 2010, 04:39:28 PM »
Hmmmmmm..... good question !

My wife might ask the same one as when she is not having a small glass of wine with our daughter she just loves a spiced rum.

Not being an expert - WHO ME ?  8) -  on these other spirits I cannot say if they contain fusel oils or not. I will have to look into that one.

I can say that the better vodkas are almost all triple-distilled these days and while they still have the same ABV they do not have the same long term effects as whisky, ( Scottish ), whiskey, ( Irish ) or Bourben or Rye from America.

I would be willing to try to test them all for you if you could send me a case or two. As far as taste is concerned, IMHO, in small doses, the best whiskys' are The Glenlivit - single malt - or Highland Park - single malt - even if the latter does not come from the Highlands at all; it comes from Orkney.

I guess, as my old Irish grannie used to say, "There are no bad whiskeys', just some better than others!"  :P
Regards....

Papaumau.