Author Topic: my house  (Read 2505 times)

franden

my house
« on: Mar 18, 2016, 08:35:46 AM »
Hello everyone.
This is a painting I did of a cottage we lived in way back when I was a wee one, the early 1930s

Beannie

Re: my house
« Reply #1 on: Mar 18, 2016, 08:42:51 AM »
Hello everyone.
This is a painting I did of a cottage we lived in way back when I was a wee one, the early 1930s

Oh my gosh that is just truly TRULY amazing . I can't believe you haven't got a future in painting xxx

Alfred

« Reply #2 on: Mar 18, 2016, 09:16:22 AM »
Hello franden.
thats really a great painting  ,I hope you paint some more and again let us have the pleasure of seeing them ,

Alf, 

Beannie

« Reply #3 on: Mar 18, 2016, 09:20:18 AM »
Another painting I saw was also really wonderful . It was two little girls by the sea but I can't find it now . What totally brilliant painters we have on here xxx

sparky

« Reply #4 on: Mar 18, 2016, 09:37:30 AM »
Franden, It never ceases to amaze me that supposedly amateur painters can produce such wonderful paintings, that to my eyes can compare so well with works by the so called greats.

Maddie Malone

« Reply #5 on: Mar 18, 2016, 09:39:57 AM »
Wow Franden that's absolutely beautiful .
Well done 👍

Johned

« Reply #6 on: Mar 22, 2016, 06:45:00 PM »
Excellent Franden; how old were you when you executed this little gem?

granny moss

« Reply #7 on: Mar 30, 2016, 05:56:52 AM »
Lovely painting. The colours are so soft and the picture has a calmness all round it. To me, living there
would be like paradise....The more one looks at it, the more the feeling of peace comes back....Thank you for sharing....gm x

franden

« Reply #8 on: Mar 30, 2016, 03:15:04 PM »
It,s so strange looking at that now how times have changed. We had a stone sink with just a cold water tap. A stone slabbed floor. An outside loo which is at the back of the house. A range which was an oven and fire combined. In the scullery a copper under which one had to light a fire to heat the water. By Heck!! People had a hard life then when one comes to think about it

Emmaline

« Reply #9 on: Mar 30, 2016, 03:24:42 PM »
I loved the look of that wee house but doing that beautiful painting is superb!
All the world is mad except thee and me and even thee's a little odd!

Alfred

« Reply #10 on: Mar 30, 2016, 04:31:26 PM »
Having an out side loo was healthy in the summer, but murderous in the winter, particular if it was a cold frosty night , and you had to have a torch too, so if in the middle of the night you hand to make a dash for it. and hoped you made it in time,
also toilet rolls weren't available then I remember the flat square izal toilet sheets which slid everywhere, except where you needed them to go

many people had to rely on the news of the world to supplement those times, and some times they left you with a tattoo well almost,

alf