Author Topic: Is it safe to come back?  (Read 3578 times)

minniemouse

Re: Is it safe to come back?
« Reply #75 on: Dec 04, 2017, 05:58:49 PM »
Why spoil a good friendship  ;D
I asked my North Korean friend how it was there, he said he couldn't complain.

zoony

« Reply #76 on: Dec 04, 2017, 06:23:14 PM »
I've been trying to alter my ego for a long time but keep getting 'me goy' which might be true but is lousy grammatically
[email protected]

"Everybody dies, not everybody lives..."

Hugh

« Reply #77 on: Dec 04, 2017, 06:57:35 PM »
Isn't that what the Hobbies and Interests section is for,
And I think you would find quite a bit of information on members if you went through their posting history,

Just had a look at some of your excellent photographs Coastal. You have a lot in common with Bill Double whose account is https://www.flickr.com/photos/bills_doubl. I also miss seeing CC Bird photographs.

Scrumpy

« Reply #78 on: Dec 04, 2017, 07:00:21 PM »
It puzzles why people feel that others are not 'opening up '.
I for one do not 'open up' to any strangers and that is exactly what we all are to one another.
Beannie used to get really worried if she thought others were not getting on .. I would tell her that they are all just names on a screen ..
I would like to think that I get on with most people on here .There are a few that I could sit over a drink and chat /laugh with .. That is life I guess .. Instant attraction .. I am not in any clique.
Don't think of a caterpillar dying..Think of a butterfly living.

[email protected]

Coastal

« Reply #79 on: Dec 04, 2017, 07:27:45 PM »
Thanks for the comment Hugh, I love taking pictures and everyone should have a hobby of some sort.
My Flickr Pics https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Aim for mediocre,
There's less chance of disappointment.

crabbyob

« Reply #80 on: Dec 04, 2017, 07:36:33 PM »
anyone for golf?....lol
one memory is worth a thousand dreams

Hugh

« Reply #81 on: Dec 04, 2017, 07:51:30 PM »
I would love you to display a few of your pics on here Coastal to brighten the forum up. It could encourage other members to do the same. BD use to do a topic out and about which I found interesting.

Yes out for a game tomorrow morning Crabbyob up at the crack of sparrows to give me time to walk Roxy before heading for the golf course. Teeing off 0800 or there abouts.

crabbyob

« Reply #82 on: Dec 04, 2017, 07:58:09 PM »
i will have been up five or six hours by then hugh...
can you please explain this urge to play as close to dawn as possible
10 am would be a lot more comfortable... they dont close at noon
one memory is worth a thousand dreams

Coastal

« Reply #83 on: Dec 04, 2017, 08:03:48 PM »
Maybe he wants to get a round in before the bar opens  ;D

And there are some pics (mostly mine) on the My Favourite Locations thread in the Photography Board.
My Flickr Pics https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Aim for mediocre,
There's less chance of disappointment.

Hugh

« Reply #84 on: Dec 04, 2017, 08:50:31 PM »
Its a club members competition they have tee times from 0756 to 0830. We draw a number out of a bag which tells you what time, and who you are playing with.

Must have a look at your pics tomorrow Coastal. What I have seen so far you have a good eye for a picture. In the days of film I did a lot of work with black and white and colour. In those days it was quite easy to sell a good picture. 8 by 10 inch was the size they wanted and it wasn't cheap getting prints. With black and white picture a knowledge of filters was required. Yellow filter darkened a blue sky to make white clouds stand out and made the picture more interesting.

Off to bed now must get my 8 hours in, good night all.

Undercover Pensioner

« Reply #85 on: Dec 04, 2017, 10:56:49 PM »
I think reticence is a great British characteristic; on-line it seems to be a sensible one.  Most forums adapt and change to suit the current membership I find.  I doubt that people can be persuaded to post on subjects they are not interested in.  I don't know exactly how long PF has been going but it seems to have pottered on for some years so I imagine it will continue to do so.
Never be bullied into silence.  Never allow yourself to be made a victim.  Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.