Author Topic: My Mum.  (Read 798 times)

ronyork

Re: My Mum.
« Reply #15 on: Apr 11, 2016, 04:54:41 PM »
Zoony. My sympathy goes out to you, Just remember the good times.

GrannyMac

« Reply #16 on: Apr 11, 2016, 05:55:13 PM »
I'll add my sympathy too.  Remember to be good to yourself over the next few weeks.
'Do your best. And when you know better, do better.'
Maya Angelou

zoony

« Reply #17 on: Apr 11, 2016, 05:56:13 PM »
I'd like to thank all of you for your support, kind sentiments and messages of condolence.
As many of you are aware, my mum's life has been very difficult and painful recently and, in her words, "not worth living", so there's a gladness in my heart, that her pain is now ended and I'd like you to know that a deep sadness is now ended, not begun.. Once again, thank you for being so kind. M.
[email protected]

Dying isn't the worst thing that can happen. Being kept alive is.
A Freudian slip: When you say one thing but mean your mother.

Dayjo

« Reply #18 on: Apr 11, 2016, 06:14:27 PM »
Thinking of you, and Mum.....

David and Christine.
David & Christine...... NE Derbyshire.

Life happens, when you connect with people.
Not, constantly working to be better, or to have more......

zoony

« Reply #19 on: Apr 11, 2016, 08:40:39 PM »
My sincere condolences in the loss of you dear Mum zoony..

I never know the right words to say at these times...but take it to heart that those on the forum are at the end of your comp, should you need us...please use us when the need arises. What was her age zoony?

Mum was 95 Milo.

RIP to zoonys mum x
[email protected]

Milo

« Reply #20 on: Apr 11, 2016, 09:02:39 PM »
Gosh zoony a real trooper eh? The life they've lived so very different to today's, and I'm sure a harder one..im glad that you feel some relief in her passing, I know I did with my mum...sometimes they've just had enough of life...it's hard for those left behind, but a blessing for them...

Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans. –John Lennon

https://youtu.be/COiIC3A0ROM

zoony

« Reply #21 on: Apr 11, 2016, 09:09:45 PM »
Yes Milo. Harder in some ways I'm sure, but always with friends and neighbours she knew well. Together they were very strong and were always there for each other. She found not knowing anybody in the Grove now, well, bar a couple of them but none her age, very hard to take. They truly were "in it together" in a way we won't see again. It must be the same for every passing generation but, I think, particularly hard for hers.
[email protected]

Scrumpy

« Reply #22 on: Apr 11, 2016, 09:51:24 PM »
I agree . It must have been so much harder for your mum. She was at a time when all the neighbors knew one another. Not just in their street but all the surrounding streets. They would go to the local shop and be known by their name. They very seldom locked their doors because they had nothing of great value to steal . All the neighbours drank in the same pubs and they had a great evening on a couple of bob.So much different now. I guess she lived in the best of times.And she was young.
Don't think of a caterpillar dying..Think of a butterfly living.

[email protected]

Beannie

« Reply #23 on: Apr 11, 2016, 09:57:47 PM »
Your lovely mum was ready to leave zoony and she did so knowing you were at an age where you would be safe and what more can a mum want knowing her kiddie is going to terribly sad but was a strong person who she made strong with his growing up and love .
So proud of you for making us all feel you were ok even though we know you well enough to know you were hurting but happy for your wonderful mum. I pray I can be as strong for my son as your mum was for you . Bless always x

zoony

« Reply #24 on: Apr 11, 2016, 09:58:08 PM »
Thank you Bea.  :-*
Yes Scrumpy. I think our youth can often be the essence of our lives which sustains us into our older years and every generation has it. People seem quick to criticize youngsters today but they're no worse or better than previous generations, just different. :)
[email protected]