Author Topic: Strictly Come Dancing  (Read 7931 times)

caminito

Re: Strictly Come Dancing
« Reply #15 on: Dec 19, 2010, 12:29:23 PM »
My wife and I enjoy the swedish polce series called Wallander.
BBC4 have shown the complete  swedish version (two series with subtitles ) and the British remake series with
Kenneth Branagh.
Now they are showing another swedish version filmed about 2001.
So ,saturday evenings , 9 -10.30 is what we watch

Betsy

« Reply #16 on: Dec 17, 2015, 02:21:31 PM »
Anyone still watching Strictly?

I'll be rooting for Jay in the final.

His fabulous jive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0m6MjsMXZ8I  

forrestgumph

« Reply #17 on: Dec 17, 2015, 03:02:20 PM »
Betsy I am and I am loving every minuet of it, I too hope that Jay wins but would love to see Kevin and Kelly do well also

Granny49

« Reply #18 on: Dec 17, 2015, 04:58:50 PM »
I'm a Jay fan too Betsy and FG although I have to admit I had to look up who he was when the series started  :-[ The couples I wanted to get to the final have so I am looking forward to a very good show.
Don't get my personality and my attitude confused.  My personality is me, my attitude depends on you.

forrestgumph

« Reply #19 on: Dec 17, 2015, 05:29:08 PM »
G49 this is my preferred last four as well  ;D

Betsy

« Reply #20 on: Dec 17, 2015, 07:44:46 PM »
Good to see support for Jay. ;D

Kellie is a great dancer,forrestg, but she hasn't (for whatever reasons) captured my imagination with her performances. I've liked Katie from the start..loved her jive...and Georgia is one to watch,perhaps, for the glitter ball.

Not long to wait now...

GrannyMac

« Reply #21 on: Dec 17, 2015, 08:04:11 PM »
My money is on Jay or Georgia. Love Anton but as a couple I think he and Katie are more limited.  Kevin's choreography is great, its possible he and Kelly might just do it. 

Looking forward to the final.  I just wish we didnt have to listen to the audience clapping along. There are very few opportunities these days to hear professional musicians and singers, and the seal like hand clapping ruins it for me.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Granny49

« Reply #22 on: Dec 17, 2015, 08:10:33 PM »
Sounds like they are the right finalists for you to GrannyMac.
Don't get my personality and my attitude confused.  My personality is me, my attitude depends on you.

G2B

« Reply #23 on: Dec 17, 2015, 09:01:43 PM »
Will only watch 'Strictly' next year if Anton is hosting. Why he never got the job i cannot understand.

Phil

« Reply #24 on: Dec 18, 2015, 09:00:16 AM »
Who's Jay?
"I've stopped arguing with idiots. They will only bring me down to their level and beat me with experience.”

Paraphrased from George Carlin

Hugh

« Reply #25 on: Dec 18, 2015, 11:50:12 AM »
Will only watch 'Strictly' next year if Anton is hosting. Why he never got the job i cannot understand.

Did Anton want the job G2B although he may do now he as reach the final for the first time I believe. Certainly like to see him now becoming  the host he would certainly be a good choice.

Hugh

« Reply #26 on: Dec 18, 2015, 11:57:08 AM »
Who's Jay?

I gather you have not watched any of the programs Phil I have watched very few and even I know who Jay is. I would like to see Anton partner win and although she is not the best of the four. But people could well vote for her because of Anton.

firenze

« Reply #27 on: Dec 18, 2015, 12:51:03 PM »
My choice of finalists too, but Kevin (from Grimsby ;D ) would be my 1st choice for all round, Jay the energy man.
Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Mark Twain.

Hugh

« Reply #28 on: Dec 19, 2015, 08:21:18 PM »
Just watched the first part of the strictly final and Kelly was brill. She got 40 on both dances but they don't count tonight. Jay did not impress me at all.

Sheila

« Reply #29 on: Dec 19, 2015, 08:56:46 PM »
I would love to be so light on my feet.  I used to be reasonably good at dancing but am useless now.  We are going to Cuba soon and the hotel have salsa lessons.  I wil give it a go a long as my OH is willing (he sometimes has gout and I sometimes have Achilles tendon and plantar faciitis problems). Oh dear, we will limp together!