Author Topic: Strictly  (Read 2246 times)

Pats

Strictly
« on: Nov 12, 2016, 04:05:36 PM »
Anyone watching this year ? its a good turnout
Love Claudia (the presenter) great personality  :)

firenze

Re: Strictly
« Reply #1 on: Nov 13, 2016, 02:38:15 PM »
Yes love it! ....danced me feet off in my day!  I listened to the soon to retire Len talking on his subject this week, he will be much missed I do like his wry comments.  My Yorkshire interest "Kevin from Grimsby" is good to watch, his whole family are dancers.  Wonder if they like shoes?
Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Mark Twain.

Sheila

« Reply #2 on: Nov 13, 2016, 02:51:51 PM »
Yes, I love the dancing and the excellent live music.  My granddaughter loves it too and we discuss it.  She thought Lesley Joseph was wonderful for her age.

Normally I don't have a good word to say about politicians but I am enjoying Ed Balls and his wife laughs her head off.

sparky

« Reply #3 on: Nov 13, 2016, 03:01:45 PM »
Maybe he should have taken up comedy dancing instead of politics, he would have been less of a liability.

Pats

« Reply #4 on: Nov 13, 2016, 03:33:20 PM »
Are you from Yorkshire Firenz, its beautiful there, wish I'd visited
Sheila - Ed has done much better than I expected, the remaining couples are so good
that he may not make another week - shame .................

firenze

« Reply #5 on: Nov 13, 2016, 03:57:03 PM »
Pats...yes!  East Yorkshire coastal i live but If you haven't visited the Dales of Yorkshire you miss one of the lovely area of England.  I have dotted about the whole country in a series of 3 yr stops, N.ireland and S.Africa.

Ed is doing far better than I expected,  brave people who do this! Sometimes with two left feet to boot! Lovely lady called Anne ?? a brave example...wonder where she is now?

Mark Twain.

Pats

« Reply #6 on: Nov 13, 2016, 03:59:42 PM »
I've only seen pictures and travel programmes on Yorkshire - so lovely
Yes - great entertainment is Strictly - wonder if Anton will take over from Len (I think so)  :)

Sheila

« Reply #7 on: Nov 13, 2016, 05:08:14 PM »

Ed is doing far better than I expected,  brave people who do this! Sometimes with two left feet to boot! Lovely lady called Anne ?? a brave example...wonder where she is now?

Ann Widdecombe?

Pats

« Reply #8 on: Nov 13, 2016, 05:30:09 PM »
Politics aside, Anne was a real trouper - her last dance was the best and she went out !  ;D

Granny49

« Reply #9 on: Nov 19, 2016, 07:39:14 PM »
Amazing dancing tonight!  Each one has been so good so far.
Don't get my personality and my attitude confused.  My personality is me, my attitude depends on you.

Sheila

« Reply #10 on: Nov 19, 2016, 08:04:58 PM »
Yes, I've enjoyed it but Ed wasn't so good this evening.  I think he has to rely on humour and the piano was a mistake. 

Granny49

« Reply #11 on: Nov 19, 2016, 08:51:58 PM »
I posted just before he came on Sheila but I had a feeling last week that he was lucky to get this far.  I do love that he as thrown himself into it though.  Surely there are too many excellent dancers now for him to stay?
Don't get my personality and my attitude confused.  My personality is me, my attitude depends on you.

firenze

« Reply #12 on: Nov 19, 2016, 09:19:50 PM »
Got to agree Ed made a brave showing full marks to him! The programme is very enjoyable -  love the glitz and glamour!

Mark Twain.

GrannyMac

« Reply #13 on: Nov 20, 2016, 08:15:48 AM »
What everyone else has said, I enjoy the glitz and glamour too!  I think this could be Ed's last dance, if he is in the dance off then it will be. Kevin (from Grimsby) is one of my favourites too. 
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

forrestgumph

« Reply #14 on: Nov 20, 2016, 09:49:05 PM »
Sadly Greg got voted off because he was against Claudia the little gymnast and although I have to admit she was the better of the two one of those two should not have been there anyway because Mr Balls IMO did not do at all well, hopefully next week he will get voted off