Author Topic: A happy accident  (Read 2320 times)

Granny49

A happy accident
« on: Dec 04, 2016, 07:21:21 PM »
I love heirloom stitching on the sewing machine and watched someone do some cross hatched pin tucks on the television and wanted to try it out - it's a very simple thing to do.  I thought I would give it go on some white cotton I had but when I finished I rather liked it so made a cushion (another present - already claimed :) )  I love it when practising something turns out as a bonus.  My daughter, who has been with me today, suggested it would be nice done on pale grey - in her house :D  I think it would look nice on most plain fabrics but the next piece will be red as part of Christmas cushions for Mum.

Oops - sorry it wasn't meant to be that big!
Don't get my personality and my attitude confused.  My personality is me, my attitude depends on you.

Alex22

Re: A happy accident
« Reply #1 on: Dec 04, 2016, 07:53:03 PM »
Very professional looking !   

Sheila

« Reply #2 on: Dec 04, 2016, 08:04:31 PM »
Very neat G49.  I used to do a lot of sewing but haven't used a sewing machine for many years.
I'm quite good at mending things.  From a very early age my granddaughter used to have a pile of things that needed fixing when I visited.  Her security blanket is more 'darning' that 'original'.

firenze

« Reply #3 on: Dec 04, 2016, 08:08:38 PM »
G49 that stitching is lovely and far beyond me, I can't even walk a straight line let alone stitch one. :o   You seem to have a talent I do envy.
Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Mark Twain.

Granny49

« Reply #4 on: Dec 05, 2016, 12:27:50 AM »
I  can't claim to much talent firenze as machines are very clever these days a x the number of special feet you can get is amazing.  I am glad you like it.
« Last Edit: Dec 05, 2016, 12:44:13 AM by Granny49 »
Don't get my personality and my attitude confused.  My personality is me, my attitude depends on you.

Dickie

« Reply #5 on: Dec 05, 2016, 12:32:37 AM »
I love heirloom stitching on the sewing machine and watched someone do some cross hatched pin tucks on the television and wanted to try it out - it's a very simple thing to do.  I thought I would give it go on some white cotton I had but when I finished I rather liked it so made a cushion (another present - already claimed :) )  I love it when practising something turns out as a bonus.  My daughter, who has been with me today, suggested it would be nice done on pale grey - in her house :D  I think it would look nice on most plain fabrics but the next piece will be red as part of Christmas cushions for Mum.

Oops - sorry it wasn't meant to be that big!

Oh wow you are so clever BUT apart from being clever granny49 it's really so very beautiful . Hope you are so proud my darling xxx
Wow , I知 amazed I found you all again . I知 useless but all my love to you all for the past help and love you gave me

Granny49

« Reply #6 on: Dec 05, 2016, 12:37:54 AM »
I love it's basic simplicity Beannie and I am pleased you like it -shows me I am going in the right direction😊

Dickie

« Reply #7 on: Dec 05, 2016, 12:40:51 AM »
I love it's basic simplicity Beannie and I am pleased you like it -shows me I am going in the right direction😊

Grannyyyyyyy oh wow and yesssss my darling it's just beautiful and it's something you can't buy because it's perfection and oh wow so hard to find xxxxxxx
Wow , I知 amazed I found you all again . I知 useless but all my love to you all for the past help and love you gave me

Granny49

« Reply #8 on: Dec 05, 2016, 12:46:41 AM »
Thank you dear Bea.  I love that you are popping in and out as you feel like it😊

Granny49

« Reply #9 on: Dec 05, 2016, 12:48:00 AM »
Should have said night night as must sleep or I will be fit for nothing tomorrow!

Dickie

« Reply #10 on: Dec 05, 2016, 12:49:01 AM »
Thank you dear Bea.  I love that you are popping in and out as you feel like it😊

Oh granny you just are such a really really lovely girl and I'm so grateful to you for everything . Night my darling xxxxx

zoony

« Reply #11 on: Dec 05, 2016, 01:01:30 AM »
Hi Bea..I like the Christmas lights, they look bright and cheerful, and I'm very happy that you popped in. xx
« Last Edit: Dec 05, 2016, 01:05:30 AM by zoony »
Not everything is as it seems and not everything that seems is..

Jose Saramago 

A bit deep for me but true nonetheless.