Author Topic: A happy accident  (Read 3043 times)

Granny49

A happy accident
« on: Dec 04, 2016, 07:21:21 PM »
I love heirloom stitching on the sewing machine and watched someone do some cross hatched pin tucks on the television and wanted to try it out - it's a very simple thing to do.  I thought I would give it go on some white cotton I had but when I finished I rather liked it so made a cushion (another present - already claimed :) )  I love it when practising something turns out as a bonus.  My daughter, who has been with me today, suggested it would be nice done on pale grey - in her house :D  I think it would look nice on most plain fabrics but the next piece will be red as part of Christmas cushions for Mum.

Oops - sorry it wasn't meant to be that big!
Don't get my personality and my attitude confused.  My personality is me, my attitude depends on you.

Alex22

Re: A happy accident
« Reply #1 on: Dec 04, 2016, 07:53:03 PM »
Very professional looking !   

Sheila

« Reply #2 on: Dec 04, 2016, 08:04:31 PM »
Very neat G49.  I used to do a lot of sewing but haven't used a sewing machine for many years.
I'm quite good at mending things.  From a very early age my granddaughter used to have a pile of things that needed fixing when I visited.  Her security blanket is more 'darning' that 'original'.

firenze

« Reply #3 on: Dec 04, 2016, 08:08:38 PM »
G49 that stitching is lovely and far beyond me, I can't even walk a straight line let alone stitch one. :o   You seem to have a talent I do envy.
Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Mark Twain.

Granny49

« Reply #4 on: Dec 05, 2016, 12:27:50 AM »
I  can't claim to much talent firenze as machines are very clever these days a x the number of special feet you can get is amazing.  I am glad you like it.
Don't get my personality and my attitude confused.  My personality is me, my attitude depends on you.

Dickie

« Reply #5 on: Dec 05, 2016, 12:32:37 AM »
I love heirloom stitching on the sewing machine and watched someone do some cross hatched pin tucks on the television and wanted to try it out - it's a very simple thing to do.  I thought I would give it go on some white cotton I had but when I finished I rather liked it so made a cushion (another present - already claimed :) )  I love it when practising something turns out as a bonus.  My daughter, who has been with me today, suggested it would be nice done on pale grey - in her house :D  I think it would look nice on most plain fabrics but the next piece will be red as part of Christmas cushions for Mum.

Oops - sorry it wasn't meant to be that big!

Oh wow you are so clever BUT apart from being clever granny49 it's really so very beautiful . Hope you are so proud my darling xxx
Wow , I知 amazed I found you all again . I知 useless but all my love to you all for the past help and love you gave me

Granny49

« Reply #6 on: Dec 05, 2016, 12:37:54 AM »
I love it's basic simplicity Beannie and I am pleased you like it -shows me I am going in the right direction😊

Dickie

« Reply #7 on: Dec 05, 2016, 12:40:51 AM »
I love it's basic simplicity Beannie and I am pleased you like it -shows me I am going in the right direction😊

Grannyyyyyyy oh wow and yesssss my darling it's just beautiful and it's something you can't buy because it's perfection and oh wow so hard to find xxxxxxx
Wow , I知 amazed I found you all again . I知 useless but all my love to you all for the past help and love you gave me

Granny49

« Reply #8 on: Dec 05, 2016, 12:46:41 AM »
Thank you dear Bea.  I love that you are popping in and out as you feel like it😊

Granny49

« Reply #9 on: Dec 05, 2016, 12:48:00 AM »
Should have said night night as must sleep or I will be fit for nothing tomorrow!

Dickie

« Reply #10 on: Dec 05, 2016, 12:49:01 AM »
Thank you dear Bea.  I love that you are popping in and out as you feel like it😊

Oh granny you just are such a really really lovely girl and I'm so grateful to you for everything . Night my darling xxxxx

zoony

« Reply #11 on: Dec 05, 2016, 01:01:30 AM »
Hi Bea..I like the Christmas lights, they look bright and cheerful, and I'm very happy that you popped in. xx
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.