Author Topic: Suspended Payment Due to Non-Receipt of Proof of Life  (Read 4967 times)

Elcreto

Suspended Payment Due to Non-Receipt of Proof of Life
« on: Jul 13, 2017, 04:05:20 PM »
Hi,
thanks for allowing me to join group, I have had a very interesting conversation with the International Pension Dept, after not receiving my payment due today. My payment was suspended on the 9th of July, and an automated letter sent on the 11th of July, two days prior to payment date, explaining that as they had not received my Proof of Life by the 9th deadline. Now the interesting part is I had printed off the registered post proof of delivery, which clearly shows they received it on the 19th of June in Wolverhampton. When this was pointed out to the shift supervisor she said they were dealing with a backlog of Proof of Life forms, and were processing them on the basis of received date. I asked why then that prior to suspending peoples money was no one checking files to see if in fact a form had been received, no explanation given. My next question was as they have this backlog of at least three weeks, as in my case, that no extension period prior to suspension was given? All I got was she's sorry for my inconvenience, I have to now wait 5-7 days for money, as my pension is my sole income it is a hardship I can do with. So if any expats have returned their Proof of Life forms in the past two months, it maybe worth a call to find out if it is in the backlog pile waiting to be processed. Mine only was discovered when they accessed my file, so by calling at least you can prevent the automated letter from being sent. Would sending an e-mail be a quicker option rather that post, which to here in Crete where I live takes longer as all island post goes via Athens, just a thought. Have a good day to all 8)

GrannyMac

Re: Suspended Payment Due to Non-Receipt of Proof of Life
« Reply #1 on: Jul 13, 2017, 08:56:25 PM »
Not something we have to contend with here in the UK Elcreto, but the info may be useful to other expats.

Hope you visit us again from sunny Crete!
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

zoony

« Reply #2 on: Jul 13, 2017, 09:30:33 PM »
Well I was befuddled by your post Elcreto..Which is why I said nothing..Thanks for sorting that out Mac..But what GrannyMac said applies..We're not an advice service, just a chat forum which is happy to help if it can so feel free, and welcome, to join in and offer your perspective on the myriad things we bang on about here..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

minniemouse

« Reply #3 on: Jul 13, 2017, 10:25:58 PM »
I think we are getting a few people posting on here lately about pension and social security problems because that's how this site is being perceived on google sometimes. It's due to the way its being advertised.
Smoking kills you, bacon kills you, smoking bacon cures it.

crabbyob

« Reply #4 on: Jul 13, 2017, 10:31:15 PM »
on a pensioners forum i suppose we should expect questions from pensioners
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

zoony

« Reply #5 on: Jul 13, 2017, 10:33:02 PM »
Well it keeps out the 'riff-raff' Minnie. ;) ...PF is exactly as it should be, in my view..changeable.

cowboy wisdom.

minniemouse

« Reply #6 on: Jul 13, 2017, 11:05:32 PM »
My point is, we're not experts on  Pension matters and people must get disappointed when we point them in the direction of CAB and Age Concern because they come on here thinking we have all the answers.

zoony

« Reply #7 on: Jul 13, 2017, 11:46:13 PM »
Do they Minnie? ..In my experience, some do but most just pop in..But I am a bit naive or so I'm told..

cowboy wisdom.

minniemouse

« Reply #8 on: Jul 13, 2017, 11:56:29 PM »
The only reason I say that is because on Google, Pensioners Forum sometimes comes up with headings saying something like Pension Queries, when this happens we get a few people joining wanting to know about pension issues, but then they never post again so are not interested in joining the forum other than to find an answer to their personal issues with pension or social security. Not their fault, they're just misled.

zoony

« Reply #9 on: Jul 14, 2017, 12:39:18 AM »
Ah..Thank you..I had no idea..Bloody Google! (Mark my words..In 30 yrs I'll probably be put in a labour camp for daring to criticize Google!) ;D

cowboy wisdom.

Sheila

« Reply #10 on: Jul 14, 2017, 08:03:56 AM »
When I joined the forum (over 6 years ago) it was because there was a campaign about pensions but shortly afterwards there was a "revolution" and some people left and formed another group.  It was at this stage that private messaging was stopped.

crabbyob

« Reply #11 on: Jul 14, 2017, 09:22:12 AM »
i hate google, google is terrible... there, i just didnt want zoony to be lonely in the labour camp....in thirty years....
i feel the forum is lacking not having the PM facility...
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Phil

« Reply #12 on: Jul 14, 2017, 10:01:25 AM »
Ex-pats have to provide proof of life because that's the only way of proving it.

A UK-based pensioner will appear on numerous checkable UK databases which are proof of life.

The International Pensions branch of the DWP, as do all branches of the DWP, will deal with  forms on a received date basis.

If everyone phones to check if their form's been received & it's progress through the system then it will just delay payments even further.

It was your choice to retire abroad.

P.S. Brian, we're talking about State Pensions so you don't need to post about your proof of life for your private pension.

"I've stopped arguing with idiots. They will only bring me down to their level and beat me with experience.”

Paraphrased from George Carlin

GrannyMac

« Reply #13 on: Jul 14, 2017, 10:42:15 AM »
When I joined the forum (over 6 years ago) it was because there was a campaign about pensions but shortly afterwards there was a "revolution" and some people left and formed another group.  It was at this stage that private messaging was stopped.

I was around then. It was pretty political and a bit full on a times.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Phil

« Reply #14 on: Jul 14, 2017, 10:45:47 AM »

I was around then. It was pretty political and a bit full on a times.

So was I & apart from no PM function, the current forum is much better.

"I've stopped arguing with idiots. They will only bring me down to their level and beat me with experience.”

Paraphrased from George Carlin