Author Topic: Truth about Sharks  (Read 2596 times)

Hugh

Truth about Sharks
« on: Mar 03, 2011, 07:40:43 PM »
Truth about sharks C5 2000 tonight I just wonder, or will it be just one more distorted scare mongery program. These animals really need our protection and not persecuted. The truth is millions are killed each year for there fins and the bodies thrown back into the sea still alive and then die a slow death.

caminito

Re: Truth about Sharks
« Reply #1 on: Mar 03, 2011, 09:10:56 PM »
Hi Hugh
I knew the story about "12 Days of Terror" . Was made into a film in 2004 as well!
I thought that the C5 story tonight was not very well done. Not a documentary , just ," shark eats man" storyline !

I still prefer the swimming in the pool to the sea mind you.    ;)

Reminds me of the joke...

A millionaire decides to throw a huge party for his 50th birthday. During the party he grabs a microphone and announces to his guests that down in the garden of his mansion he has a swimming pool with two great white sharks in it. ‘I will give anything they desire of mine, to the man who swims across that pool.’

So the party continues with no events in the pool, until suddenly, there is a great splash and all the guests of the party run to the pool to see what has happened.

In the pool is a man and he is swimming as hard as he can, and the fins come out of the water and the jaws are snapping and this guy just keeps on going and the sharks are gaining on him and this guy reaches the end and he gets out of the pool, tired and soaked.

The millionaire grabs the microphone and says, ‘I am a man of my word, anything of mine I will give, my Ferraris, my house, absolutely anything, for you are the bravest man I have ever seen. So sir what will it be?’ the millionaire asks.

The guy grabs the microphone and says, ‘Why don’t we start with the name of the [censored] that pushed me in!’
 ;D

Hugh

« Reply #2 on: Mar 03, 2011, 09:28:47 PM »
Not what I expected but they did state only 5 people have been killed world wide by shark and I expect on the surface by mistake. When you think about it how many wild animals would allow you to roam freely among them, and the chances of being harmed very rare. Yes I am very fond of these animals, but they will become very rare within a few years, if the slaugter continues. All because the Chinese love shark fin soup, although its laced with chicken to give it some tasted. >:( >:( >:(

caminito

« Reply #3 on: Mar 03, 2011, 09:31:45 PM »
They said , don't wear a black or dark wetsuit . You look to much like dinner ( seal)
 ???

Hugh

« Reply #4 on: Mar 03, 2011, 09:47:30 PM »
Very true but on the surface all a shark will see is a black shape what ever colour you are wearing. Down under we always stay in an upright position for the first half hour to allow the sharks to get use to us and know we are not dinner. After that swim and take photographs. Go to facebook and look up African Dive Adventure they give dive reports each day and the number of sharks seen. Swim in a pool not for me, to many kids pee in it ;D ;D

caminito

« Reply #5 on: Mar 26, 2011, 08:32:54 AM »
Came across this article today !

Jaws is stalking the coast of Norfolk, experts fear - after a porpoise was found mutilated by a giant shark at Great Yarmouth !

Dr Ken Collins of the National Oceanography Centre said: "It's undoubtedly a shark bite. It could be a great white. The sea around the UK is habitable for big sharks."

The find was made just 26 miles from another suspected shark attack on a seal in 2008.

Hugh

« Reply #6 on: Mar 26, 2011, 03:04:56 PM »
There is no reason why great white should not be in UK waters. They do enjoy cooler water and there is plenty of their natural food around, porpoise included. The truth about sharks I have been close to Bulls, Tigers, Black Tipped and hundreds of sand tiger sharks and every where and every day some one, some where will be ejoying the sharks very friendly nature to wards humans. More people have been killed by our cows in UK than divers with sharks world wide. Go on to face book and log onto African Dive Adventure and each day there are dive reports of divers enjoying and phographing sharks in their own world.

The truth about sharks they are being slaughtered by the millions each year for their fins, and at this rate in twenty years their will be none left for divers to enjoy and shark scare mongerers no more.

Sorry for repeating myself but I do feel very strongly on this subject and I hate all scare mongerers. Sharks need good publicity and our protection.

caminito

« Reply #7 on: Mar 26, 2011, 03:50:22 PM »
Hi Hugh
I think that you are correct ,that's why I made the post. I was interested in your opinion !
I had cut out all the sensational and emotive comments made in the newspaper because I realized from your previous postings that  the shark was not getting a fair deal  ???

Chrisjay

« Reply #8 on: Mar 26, 2011, 04:53:01 PM »
Jaws was victimised and should have sued under the human rights act or complained to the RSPCA - we need to start a protest "rights for sharks"  ;D ;D ;D

Just kidding Hugh  ;D

Hugh

« Reply #9 on: Mar 27, 2011, 10:05:07 AM »
Films like JAWS shoul be banned they do hell of a lot of damage to the seas eco system.