Author Topic: Where's Phil?  (Read 1365 times)

GrannyMac

Where's Phil?
« on: Jan 27, 2018, 05:20:20 AM »
its been two weeks since Phil posted. Unusual for one of our regular posters. 

I hope you're OK Phil.
Comparison is the thief of joy.
Theodore Roosevelt.

Alex22

Re: Where's Phil?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27, 2018, 07:10:00 PM »
I was wondering about Phil too, I miss his sarky comments and awful AWFUL jokes.   ;D    Maybe he's taken Mrs Phil away for a fornight in Benidorm  ?

em

« Reply #2 on: Feb 03, 2018, 12:21:58 PM »
And where are Sheila,JCB,and Beannie?

StephenM123

« Reply #3 on: Feb 04, 2018, 04:37:29 PM »
I am also pondering "Where's Phil". My post yesterday about the review of ongoing rape cases is the type of thread where he tends to cast a fairly expert opinion. Having taken short breaks away from the forum myself I hope that this is the case.

Ashy

« Reply #4 on: Feb 04, 2018, 04:47:55 PM »
And Fortyone

I expect they've all gone off on a cruise together and not told anyone.
Support our Health Service
You won't get better.

Stand up, or give up.

Scrumpy

« Reply #5 on: Feb 04, 2018, 04:55:34 PM »

I miss Fortyone .. great sense of humour . Phil seems to take a break every now and then .. They are both great characters
Don't think of a caterpillar dying..Think of a butterfly living.

[email protected]

sueboo

« Reply #6 on: Feb 13, 2018, 02:46:28 PM »
I think we all lead busy lives and come and go.  We travel Europe but happily settled in Spain at present for a while.  Currently sat outside with a glass of vino enjoying life.
I'm not lazy I'm just always relaxed
Love the life you live. 
Live the life you love.

Alex22

« Reply #7 on: Feb 13, 2018, 03:35:16 PM »
I don't lead a busy life.....at least not any more  ;D ;D

JCBDriver

« Reply #8 on: Feb 13, 2018, 04:50:23 PM »
And where are Sheila,JCB,and Beannie?

I'm still here, been lurking more than posting!

StephenM123

« Reply #9 on: Feb 13, 2018, 08:17:09 PM »
Whilst Phil could be opinionated the thing I liked about him was that, like me, he thought that the Madeline McCann case was not as straightforward as many would believe, that the conviction of Jeremy Bamber was seriously unsound, etc. So sorely missed!

Phil

« Reply #10 on: Feb 13, 2018, 08:51:57 PM »
Whilst Phil could be opinionated the thing I liked about him was that, like me, he thought that the Madeline McCann case was not as straightforward as many would believe, that the conviction of Jeremy Bamber was seriously unsound, etc. So sorely missed!

Hi Stephen,

Although I hadn't intended posting on anything other than help topics, I know that miscarriages of justice are a concern of yours as they are of mine so it's only right that I acknowledge your post.

It's safe to say that the McCann's story has more holes than a sieve.

The Jeremy Bamber case, based on flawed or deliberately twisted forensics is as unsound a conviction as it's possible to get.

As is the conviction of Michael Stone, who neither Dr Russell nor his daughter are convinced is the offender.

The holding back of evidence from the defence should be treated as what it is, perverting the course of justice, & the police officers & the CPS should face prosecution with up to life sentences.

P.S. I do scan through the forum most days but I don't sign in so if I see a post from you on this type of subject I will post my thoughts.
« Last Edit: Feb 13, 2018, 09:10:46 PM by Phil »
"I've stopped arguing with idiots. They will only bring me down to their level and beat me with experience.

Paraphrased from George Carlin

zoony

« Reply #11 on: Feb 13, 2018, 08:54:03 PM »
Phil was here earlier and explained his absence Stephen. He intends to limit his interactions on PF to offering advice, if it's needed, on just a few subjects.

StephenM123

« Reply #12 on: Feb 14, 2018, 02:42:55 PM »

Hi Stephen,

Although I hadn't intended posting on anything other than help topics, I know that miscarriages of justice are a concern of yours as they are of mine so it's only right that I acknowledge your post.

It's safe to say that the McCann's story has more holes than a sieve.

The Jeremy Bamber case, based on flawed or deliberately twisted forensics is as unsound a conviction as it's possible to get.

As is the conviction of Michael Stone, who neither Dr Russell nor his daughter are convinced is the offender.

The holding back of evidence from the defence should be treated as what it is, perverting the course of justice, & the police officers & the CPS should face prosecution with up to life sentences.

P.S. I do scan through the forum most days but I don't sign in so if I see a post from you on this type of subject I will post my thoughts.

Many thanks for the response Phil. I am hoping that now a review of rape cases has been announced other cases like Jeremy Bamber's will also be reviewed. To my mind too many people seem happy if someone has been jailed for a crime and do not seem to  care that it may be the  wrong person - a totally incomprehensible attitude!

I have read your other post today and would like to wish your wife and yourself all the best!