Author Topic: What's everone doing today?  (Read 809453 times)

granny moss

Re: What's everone doing today?
« Reply #9555 on: Mar 24, 2021, 08:42:09 AM »
A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY from gmx

Marshal

« Reply #9556 on: Mar 24, 2021, 08:45:56 AM »
...  I am really stressed by some of the posts, and as  I am in a minority, I may have to refrain to be part of it.

I know that offering solutions isn't that helpful, but what has worked for me is blocking software on my computer that prevents me accessing the forum between 9am and 5pm and I've turned off e-mail notifications of replies. It means I still get to read those thoughts and say my piece, but it doesn't hijack the day. The very valuable advice I get in other parts of the forum can always wait until tea time  :)

granny moss

« Reply #9557 on: Mar 24, 2021, 08:53:32 AM »
I am just saying that I simply think that the" What is everyone doing today," should be kept for that subject only. Is it so difficult to understand ?

THEN THE CHAT IN THAT SECTION COULD BE KEPT TO  "  WHAT IS EVERYONE DOING TODAY ?

iS IT TOO DIFFICULT ?  gmx ::)

Michael Rolls

« Reply #9558 on: Mar 24, 2021, 09:00:53 AM »
Today I must come to terms with the fact that being that it is my 79th birthday.....I am starting my 80th year on this planet ;D ;D
Nobbut a lad!
Mike 😁😁😁
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Floydy

« Reply #9559 on: Mar 24, 2021, 09:34:25 AM »
Many happy returns Charlie.
Lovely day here at the moment though the forecast is pretty good for the rest of it. I'm taking my daughter and grandson to the opticians later, i'm hoping new specs will help solve a couple of problems they're having. Incidentally if any pf members are in the market for new glasses anytime i can wholeheartedly recommend asda (of all places!), great service, good choice of frames and at "sensible" prices.  :)

crabbyob

« Reply #9560 on: Mar 24, 2021, 10:23:35 AM »
Happy Birthday CG.... you are doing well.. ;D ;D ;D

Yes Floydy i used to use ASDA at Rotherham, and found the very good but was not happy with TESCO....then i got my eye [singular] done and everything is rosie, if the light is bad i need glasses to read, but in good light i can read ok, i keep meaning to get the other eye done but can never get round to it...
And Granny Moss, we are all adults here, ok some of us are still in touch will our childish behaviour, but non of us run on tram-lines... hence comments vary and tend to go off piste ... piste Floydy, as in not too drunk... ;D ;D ;D .. a lot of us try and put a smile on our friends faces, while others are factitioners, and deal only in facts, there is usually something for everyone, and everything is not to everyones liking, but we just scroll past, and thats the best advice i can give, dont get upset just scroll past...
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

granny moss

« Reply #9561 on: Mar 24, 2021, 11:21:24 AM »
I am back into the "Charm room "  and I have taken much of the good advice....In an ideal world, as we grow older we grow sweeter....some of us..... :D :D :D

But now realise that it is not so..... I do hope grumpiness is not catching. :D :D :D ....

Happy people are never grumpy......or are they ? ???   Time for me to get on with my job for the day.....Have an enjoyable day....  ;) gmx

Michael Rolls

« Reply #9562 on: Mar 24, 2021, 11:27:39 AM »
Are grumpy people ever happy? I worked for a boss some years ago for about three years - never once saw him smile and his default mode was to be dissatisfied with everything and everyone
Mike

Michael Rolls

« Reply #9563 on: Mar 24, 2021, 11:28:28 AM »
Oh, and please, thank you and praise weren't in his vocabulary.
Mike

Floydy

« Reply #9564 on: Mar 24, 2021, 12:09:11 PM »
We once had a boss wish us "have a reasonable time" as we clocked out at christmas...

Michael Rolls

« Reply #9565 on: Mar 24, 2021, 12:32:43 PM »
Can't win 'em all
Mike

zoony

« Reply #9566 on: Mar 24, 2021, 01:18:14 PM »
Lovely sunny day, got some appetite back and Dennis is hale again so off for bloods and x-rays soon..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Alex22

« Reply #9567 on: Mar 24, 2021, 01:35:12 PM »
Belated birthday wishes CG  👍
Lovely sunny day here so I'll be out in the garden later.  Amazing how a bit of sunshine can brighten the day.

granny moss

« Reply #9568 on: Mar 24, 2021, 01:36:41 PM »
I had a very bad night....Had breakfast late then fell a sleep on my chair....Awake now, but not a bit hungry.....so sat down and did an order online for
Sainsburys....could only find one slot available....so much for all the blurb telling me that I am vulnerable and have delivery slots available.....rubbish....

One year in Lockdown, and not a single doctor, government person, charity worker has been to see me.....But I get daily pamphlets telling me how vulnerable I am..... ::) gmx

crabbyob

« Reply #9569 on: Mar 24, 2021, 01:40:56 PM »
dont believe any of the pamphlets Granny, and not seeing any doctors is great news
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”