Author Topic: Gordon Ramsay New Bitcoin Initiative Fake News and SCAM  (Read 9126 times)

feelingyoung

Gordon Ramsay New Bitcoin Initiative Fake News and SCAM
« on: Jul 07, 2019, 09:26:48 AM »
I saw an advertisement with Gordon Ramsay in This morning show telling everyone how he is leaving the restaurant business and joining the Bitcoin craze. I tried to signup and then I saw something that seemed wrong, does anyone know anything about this? Can you help? I don't have much money but I do want to invest.

Scrumpy

Re: Gordon Ramsay New Bitcoin Initiative Fake News and SCAM
« Reply #1 on: Jul 07, 2019, 09:32:32 AM »

Don't even go there.. They use a lot of famous faces to promote there Bitcoin sales..
 You will never get them off your back..
Don't you think that if they were for real they wouldn't need the likes of you or me to invest... They would be up to their eyes with the like of David Beckham and many more celebs getting in there..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Diasi

« Reply #2 on: Jul 07, 2019, 09:52:18 AM »
I saw an advertisement with Gordon Ramsay in This morning show telling everyone how he is leaving the restaurant business and joining the Bitcoin craze. I tried to signup and then I saw something that seemed wrong, does anyone know anything about this? Can you help? I don't have much money but I do want to invest.

This scam is so old & well publicised I'm amazed that there are still people who are tempted to believe it.

Neither Gordon Ramsey nor any other celebrity has ever been on the This Morning programme, Facebook, Twitter or any other social media platform, to endorse Bitcoin.

Martin Lewis has also been used in this Bitcoin scam.

https://bit.ly/2Jh6LeA

You sound the sort of person who needs to do some serious scam research, starting with the trading Standards link below.

https://www.tradingstandardsecrime.org.uk/alerts/
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

feelingyoung

« Reply #3 on: Jul 07, 2019, 10:05:01 AM »
Wow thanks for the fast reply. I really don't like Martin Lewis as I think he is a bit pompous and full of himself. But I was able to dig in and do some research and this scam is called Bitcoin Era and you are correct. It appears to be something of a recurring theme. Looks like someone did some serious research, I would add a link but it is not possible for a newbie :-)

Diasi

« Reply #4 on: Jul 07, 2019, 10:09:58 AM »
Wow thanks for the fast reply. I really don't like Martin Lewis as I think he is a bit pompous and full of himself. But I was able to dig in and do some research and this scam is called Bitcoin Era and you are correct. It appears to be something of a recurring theme. Looks like someone did some serious research, I would add a link but it is not possible for a newbie :-)

Look at it this way, if you had a money-making system that was making you wealthy, would you want to share it with all & sundry.

It'd be like having the winning EuroMillions lottery ticket & asking everyone if they'd like to buy a share in it.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

feelingyoung

« Reply #5 on: Jul 07, 2019, 10:13:49 AM »
They make it convincing - but I did't take the bait this time.  ;D

Zayphod

WARNING ! WARNING ! WARNING ! WARNING ! WARNING !
This 'Gordon Ramsay - Ferrari/Bitcoin' is a what is known as a Fake News Scam

If you reply you are dealing with malicious criminals who will convincingly con you out of £1,000s not just £100s
Don't give them your phone number / mobile number UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES
They have a sophisticated computer constant dialing set up based abroad & will never leave you alone trying to speak to you to start the con

you can't block these calls ( the number you see is a totally false number - so blocking it has no effect

Zayphod ( new member )

feelingyoung

« Reply #7 on: Sep 23, 2019, 04:11:17 PM »
Did they get you on Facebook or Mail? How were they able to get your attention?

Zayphod

« Reply #8 on: Sep 23, 2019, 05:54:25 PM »

they didn't actually get me at all. I used to tinker with computers for a living  & look out for anything odd on the internet - think it was a side-link on google ? ?
something didn't quite aldd up so did some research - then some more - rang the usual suspects OffCom, Financial Conduct Authority etc etc

even discovered G Ramsay is furious about the way  his good name has been abused
my post summary of research

StephenM123

« Reply #9 on: Sep 23, 2019, 08:09:27 PM »
I don't like Martin Lewis as he basically states the bleeding obvious to anyone with half a brain!

I don't like Gordon Ramsay as he is a rude obnoxious prat!

As you can tell I am not in a good mood tonight!

feelingyoung

« Reply #10 on: Sep 24, 2019, 09:14:05 AM »
OK Its paid search on Google or other search engines. Again, I would add a link which explains everything but Im not allowed.

GrannyMac

« Reply #11 on: Sep 24, 2019, 11:04:23 AM »
Don't worry, I think we've got it.  I don't think the regular members are into clicking on unknown links, so I wouldn't bother. 🙂

Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

feelingyoung

« Reply #12 on: Sep 24, 2019, 12:59:28 PM »
OK, Well I added an image. Hope thats OK. It lets me do it in the reply section :-)

Raven

« Reply #13 on: Sep 24, 2019, 05:05:55 PM »
OOOOOOOO, Can I have the blue one? It's nicccceeee. :o ;D