Author Topic: I wonder if Hugh is OK?  (Read 4195 times)

Ode Iron

Re: I wonder if Hugh is OK?
« Reply #15 on: Aug 11, 2019, 08:54:29 PM »
Hello Hugh...i moan..but not deep down - i love people and would rather do someone a good turn.
I know exactly about the PM system..other members gang up and pre-arrange their posts against you...had it myself .
Masks are muzzles

Alex22

« Reply #16 on: Aug 11, 2019, 09:06:13 PM »
Hello Hugh...i moan..but not deep down - i love people and would rather do someone a good turn.
I know exactly about the PM system..other members gang up and pre-arrange their posts against you...had it myself .
That sounds a bit childish OI    ???

zoony

« Reply #17 on: Aug 11, 2019, 09:08:01 PM »
Childish? It sounds downright spiteful to me..

Ode Iron

« Reply #18 on: Aug 11, 2019, 09:09:27 PM »
True Alex..believe me..the most hurtful and childish folk i have had the displeasure to deal with have been over 60...on that site.
This place has honest people and i enjoy the humour element..i do chuckle at the nocturnal running club.
Masks are muzzles

mick607

« Reply #19 on: Aug 11, 2019, 09:41:04 PM »
OI is referring to PM systems in general where some members organise little cliques & gang up on some members. I know exactly from personal experience what OI meant.Not childish at all.

mick607

« Reply #20 on: Aug 11, 2019, 09:45:31 PM »
From another post from OI & not childish or spitefull at all.
Look at the post regarding Ronyork.

Hugh

« Reply #21 on: Aug 12, 2019, 09:12:09 AM »
The PM system used correctly is a great tool but use incorrectly can be very evil. Just needs one person to spread evil gossip and it gets believe by others, it as happened to me. So what as been said about me (1) I am a stalker (2) I prey on elderly ladies (3) I am a very evil person. You have now all heard it from me first and the reason I was giving up forums for good.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #22 on: Aug 12, 2019, 10:39:53 AM »
Hugh
Under those circumstance, I'm not surprised. Another forum to which I belong retains the PM system, which is very useful, but as you say - easy to abuse (hasn't been on the other forum, or at least not yet,but then again it has a much smaller active membership that this one)
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Alex22

« Reply #23 on: Aug 12, 2019, 04:52:21 PM »
Childish? It sounds downright spiteful to me..
To me it sounds like the sort of things kids do, children can be very cruel too !   I'm not disputing it at all but I just can't imagine "grown ups" ganging up on another grown up - what the hell for  ?    ;D

Michael Rolls

« Reply #24 on: Aug 12, 2019, 05:11:06 PM »
To me it sounds like the sort of things kids do, children can be very cruel too !   I'm not disputing it at all but I just can't imagine "grown ups" ganging up on another grown up - what the hell for  ?    ;D
Sadly, I can - it happened a lot on another forum I used to belong to - but longer do. This was a forum devoted to a fairly technical subject where there was a clique of people who would delight in mocking and belittling folk who asked for technical help. It go so bad that the forum got closed down.
Mike

crabbyob

« Reply #25 on: Aug 12, 2019, 05:36:26 PM »
all forums mike?
“If women ran the world we wouldn’t have wars, just intense negotiations every 28 days.”

Scrumpy

« Reply #26 on: Aug 12, 2019, 05:45:33 PM »

You have to watch out for some of us old ‘uns .. We can play a mean game..  ;)  It keeps us alert and our brains ticking over.
Don't think of a caterpillar dying..Think of a butterfly living.

[email protected]

Michael Rolls

« Reply #27 on: Aug 12, 2019, 06:09:56 PM »
all forums mike?
Sorry, not quite with you (OTOH there are those who claim I haven't been 'with it' for years!)
Mike

Hugh

« Reply #28 on: Aug 12, 2019, 06:14:13 PM »

Very good question.

mick607

« Reply #29 on: Aug 12, 2019, 06:25:06 PM »
Play ground bullying from adults just the same.