Author Topic: Films  (Read 40811 times)

zoony

Re: Films
« Reply #30 on: Mar 14, 2020, 08:12:59 PM »
Not too many members are interested in such things Hugh..as evidenced by the lack of posts when we discuss it. You're right about 1917..It was a grind.
 At the moment it seems that all the production companies are trying too hard to get the LGBetc audience and it's becoming annoying..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

klondike

« Reply #31 on: Mar 14, 2020, 08:56:20 PM »
Unfortunately it's on Disney which I didn't know when I downloaded it, so I'll be getting a legal e-mail ticking me off..Forgot to use my VPN....You may have to wait a little while..
Take a look at real-debrid and let their server run your torrents. They will probably be quicker than you can do it and cost less than you pay for your VPN.
So long and thanks for all the fish

zoony

« Reply #32 on: Mar 14, 2020, 09:03:55 PM »
The VPN is a free one but thanks..

cowboy wisdom.

mick607

« Reply #33 on: Mar 14, 2020, 10:42:22 PM »
Not too many members are interested in such things Hugh..as evidenced by the lack of posts when we discuss it. You're right about 1917..It was a grind.
 At the moment it seems that all the production companies are trying too hard to get the LGBetc audience and it's becoming annoying..
So true, watched 1917 & not really one to keep. The LGBT crap is creeping in everywhere.The new Downton Abbey film has men kissing, ffs.My telly nearly got a size ten boot through the screen.

zoony

« Reply #34 on: Mar 14, 2020, 11:17:50 PM »
On the other hand, it's getting a lot of actors in work who otherwise might not be..I don't mind a normal balance that reflects society but it's not.

cowboy wisdom.

Ode Iron

« Reply #35 on: Mar 15, 2020, 12:00:51 AM »
At least then the casting couch can go off to the tip....the table end will do!😂
Masks are muzzles

Jacqueline

« Reply #36 on: Mar 15, 2020, 12:50:16 AM »
This is why we watch old black and white films on Talking Pictures, films that I can relate to.

Hugh

« Reply #37 on: Mar 15, 2020, 05:53:15 AM »

It a shame many elderly people will not watch or give the new generation of films a chance. Many say its crap with out watching them. Myself I am very pleased I can join the younger generations and enjoy the  latest made films.

klondike

« Reply #38 on: Mar 15, 2020, 10:58:40 AM »
So true, watched 1917 & not really one to keep.
Most of the modern films these days are oncers which is why I will never shell out £10 to £15 on something to clutter the house after a single use. Add to that there are plenty that aren't even worth the typical 50p charity shop price and don't get watched to the end.
So long and thanks for all the fish

richmond62

« Reply #39 on: Mar 15, 2020, 11:21:54 AM »
Naughty people like myself use the Tor browser so that things are difficult to trace:

https://www.torproject.org/download/

and Windscribe so your torrent downloader doesn't get you into trouble:

https://windscribe.com/download

Jacqueline

« Reply #40 on: Mar 15, 2020, 12:34:17 PM »

It a shame many elderly people will not watch or give the new generation of films a chance. Many say its crap with out watching them. Myself I am very pleased I can join the younger generations and enjoy the  latest made films.

I'd give em a try it there as something half way decent that I could actually understand the dialoge.  Any recomendations Hugh?

richmond62

« Reply #41 on: Mar 15, 2020, 03:39:09 PM »
Elsa and Fred

zoony

« Reply #42 on: Mar 15, 2020, 04:32:12 PM »

I'd give em a try it there as something half way decent that I could actually understand the dialoge.  Any recomendations Hugh?

Keep your eyes peeled for The Good Liar Jacq. Excellent.

cowboy wisdom.

Hugh

« Reply #43 on: Mar 15, 2020, 05:07:03 PM »
For a start Give AVATAR a try Jacqueline this made record amount of money at the box office and they are making many follows up to it.    ALITA I have mention before and I have not heard any bad reports about it. In the USA they had a petition to encourage them to make a sequel, could happen in around 8 years which disappointed me. CAPTAIN MARVEL I enjoyed. JOKER which made huge amount at the box office, was waste of money for me I did not enjoy it.

Many films are made and go straight on to DVD and many are just plain crap. Rather than go to a cinema I purchased a Blue Ray player which will also allow a normal DVD to be played. Most films after a few weeks of being released drop in price so worth the wait. I am lucky I have a son who goes to the cinema and gives me reports on films.Work it out how much it costs to go to a cinema for a night out buying a DVD is a far cheaper option and can be watched again at a later date.

richmond62

« Reply #44 on: Mar 15, 2020, 07:15:29 PM »
Avatar is a fairly juvenile fantasy movie.