Author Topic: Zumba  (Read 2532 times)

babyboomer51

Zumba
« on: May 20, 2011, 06:05:05 PM »
Hi  :D

Anyone for Zumba.

This is the latest dance exercise craze sweeping the country.  It originated in Latin America.

It is aerobics set to Latin and world music.  Most classes are at quite a fast pace, although you may be lucky to find a Zumba Gold class which is aimed at the over 50's.

I attended one today and thought I did quite well, seeing most of them there were half my age.

Oh well I am off to practise.

Thesheriff

Re: Zumba
« Reply #1 on: Sep 11, 2011, 06:42:48 AM »
We had some photos published a few weeks ago in our local Spanish Newspaper advertising a Zumba Class - my Wife's comment was - If that's what Zumba makes you look like - she'll give it a miss thank you.

I have seen what I consider some       Thin / Wiry / Ugly ?  Women in my life - but the two on the front row - sure abused that privilege !!!

We met when we were 14 years of age at a  ' Dance Academy ' and have done all kinds of dancing over the years - but these new  ' Dancexercises ' hold no attraction for us - we still at 70 + get all the exercise we need with normal dancing every week - Line dancing every week - Rock & Rolling every week  besides the walking & cycling.
If I wake up in the morning - I know it's going to be a Good Day - just consider the alternative !!!!!

Rita Postlethwaite

« Reply #2 on: Sep 11, 2011, 12:36:07 PM »
Good for you Sheriff. ;D
Never look down on anyone, unless it is to offer your hand to help them up.

Maisie

« Reply #3 on: Oct 27, 2011, 03:38:44 PM »
Well done you! How I long to try Zumba!  Perhaps when I've lost another 2 stone and got my new knee!
Maisie