Author Topic: Site not secure.  (Read 282 times)

Cee Gee

Site not secure.
« on: Feb 17, 2021, 09:19:24 AM »
I noticed today when coming onto PF, in the address bar there is a warning triangle and the words not secure. Anyone else seen this? ???

crabbyob

Re: Site not secure.
« Reply #1 on: Feb 17, 2021, 09:21:37 AM »
we have now.. ;D
“If women ran the world we wouldn’t have wars, just intense negotiations every 28 days.”

Michael Rolls

« Reply #2 on: Feb 17, 2021, 09:30:24 AM »
It's always been there iirc - surely just means isn't secure in the way that bank sites have to be?
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Raven

« Reply #3 on: Feb 17, 2021, 11:34:29 AM »
I get that notice if I'm using the Tablet but not on the desk computer. Doesn't worry me. ;)

Floydy

« Reply #4 on: Feb 17, 2021, 11:46:51 AM »
It's always been there iirc - surely just means isn't secure in the way that bank sites have to be?
Mike
Best send me your account and pin number Dave so i can check it just to be sure...  ;D

klondike

« Reply #5 on: Feb 17, 2021, 12:44:33 PM »
It just means the site has no SSL certificate so cannot run HTTPS which is encrypted only HTTP. All the data between your computer and the site is in plain text and could in theory at least be seen by third parties. The only thing that the whole world can't see anyway by looking at your posts here is your password. Best not to use the same one everywhere anyway but if you do use it elsewhere you should probably change it sometime over the next year or two.

TLDR; nothing to worry about

Michael Rolls

« Reply #6 on: Feb 17, 2021, 01:07:22 PM »
Best send me your account and pin number Dave so i can check it just to be sure...  ;D
gee, thanks
Dave
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Alfred

« Reply #7 on: Feb 17, 2021, 05:52:45 PM »
Yes i too noticed it when i first joined the forum but it seems to be o.k so i carry on threading , and posting,