Author Topic: The Duke  (Read 2062 times)

sparky

The Duke
« on: Feb 18, 2021, 08:41:03 AM »
The Duke feels  a bit unwell, so straight away in hospital, obviously with many people  falling over themselves to satisfy his every need, any of us feels unwell, its a couple of days wait to have a 5 minute telephone chat to a half interested  doctor, before being palmed off with maybe  a few words and some tablets, that may or may not work.

Sheila

Re: The Duke
« Reply #1 on: Feb 18, 2021, 08:43:22 AM »
You're lucky to have a 5 minute chat with a half interested doctor.  Ours aren't answering the phone!

sparky

« Reply #2 on: Feb 18, 2021, 10:33:43 AM »

You're lucky to have a 5 minute chat with a half interested doctor.  Ours aren't answering the phone!

Sheila, Nah, have started using " Patient Access " app, so book appointments and order repeat meds on line.

Jacqueline

« Reply #3 on: Feb 18, 2021, 10:49:38 AM »
I am sure everyone coming into contact with him will be screened for Covid, bet he won't catch it in his hospital.

GrannyMac

« Reply #4 on: Feb 18, 2021, 11:46:40 AM »
Anyone who has private medical cover is at the front of the queue. Nothing unusual there.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

zoony

« Reply #5 on: Feb 18, 2021, 11:53:51 AM »
When a man of such an age is unwell for several days I think most families would be concerned. Being an HRH is incidental. Lots of petty jealousies showing here..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Alex22

« Reply #6 on: Feb 18, 2021, 12:07:13 PM »
While he is in his private hospital he's freeing up an NHS bed.

Scrumpy

« Reply #7 on: Feb 18, 2021, 12:58:22 PM »

:-X :-X :-X :-X
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

sparky

« Reply #8 on: Feb 18, 2021, 01:12:44 PM »

When a man of such an age is unwell for several days I think most families would be concerned.

True, but would that person then get immediate admission to hospital with all the care he is getting, he would be lucky to get even  a home visit from a doctor.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #9 on: Feb 18, 2021, 01:18:59 PM »
When I was working, I paid for BUPA. When I retired I decided it was too expensive. The current situation is way out of normality. I don't believe for one moment that the Duke's treatment has penalized anyone else by the tiniest degree - so good luck to him. I hope he pulls through OK despite the spiteful jealousy some on here are displaying
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

sparky

« Reply #10 on: Feb 18, 2021, 01:25:45 PM »
 Oh dear, Sorry I dared to have an opinion about these outdated parasites.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #11 on: Feb 18, 2021, 01:27:10 PM »
Stop playing the 'oh dear me' card - doesn't impress in the slightest
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

klondike

« Reply #12 on: Feb 18, 2021, 01:51:55 PM »
When a man of such an age is unwell for several days I think most families would be concerned.

True, but would that person then get immediate admission to hospital with all the care he is getting, he would be lucky to get even  a home visit from a doctor.
He would if, like the Duke, he was a private patient.
You may query why we have a monarchy and pay to support it but that's a different question. From doing all that kinging over the centuries the Windsors have built up a shed load of money and even had they paid taxes on it throughout he'd still be able to afford private care.
So long and thanks for all the fish

zoony

« Reply #13 on: Feb 18, 2021, 02:17:09 PM »

I've had reason to call an ambulance a few times over the years. They've always attended promptly and, if necessary, have taken the patient, Mum, me or brother, straight to hospital for further care and treatment..Free of charge.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

GrannyMac

« Reply #14 on: Feb 18, 2021, 02:32:48 PM »
He would if, like the Duke, he was a private patient.
You may query why we have a monarchy and pay to support it but that's a different question. From doing all that kinging over the centuries the Windsors have built up a shed load of money and even had they paid taxes on it throughout he'd still be able to afford private care.

That was exactly my point. My brother in law in Scotland needed cancer surgery, long before lockdown.  It was cancelled twice, with no future appointment given.  So he paid for a private consultation, then paid for surgery, and had it done within days.  Our son has private medical cover via his work.  Same would apply to him, our daughter in law and their children.

I think the NHS is freed up to an extent by the people who don't use it by going private.  And even if he didn't, I certainly don't begrudge any person 0f 90+ getting treatment.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais