Author Topic: Missing  (Read 694 times)

em

Re: Missing
« Reply #15 on: Apr 02, 2021, 08:40:28 PM »
Still alive and kicking,Hugh,thank you.Keeping my wooden spoon handy ready to stir things and start a decent debate.All members seem quiet and peaceable at the moment.Should we liven them up a bit?

Michael Rolls

« Reply #16 on: Apr 02, 2021, 08:47:52 PM »
Be careful what you wish for!
Mike 👿
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Hugh

« Reply #17 on: Apr 03, 2021, 06:19:06 AM »
Not possible to get a good debate going EM when one or two on here deliberately or accidentally take the thread subject off track.   

Michael Rolls

« Reply #18 on: Apr 03, 2021, 06:50:45 AM »
To be honest, Hugh unless the subject is a very limited one, it is rare to find a thread that doesn't wander, whether on here or on the other fora to which I belong/have belonged
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

sneakysnoopysniper

« Reply #19 on: Apr 03, 2021, 09:37:36 AM »
Try Mumsnet! An astounding varierty of threads on everything under the sun. Its not just about mothers and babies.

« Last Edit: Apr 03, 2021, 09:41:46 AM by sneakysnoopysniper »
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools

Scrumpy

« Reply #20 on: Apr 03, 2021, 09:46:00 AM »
Still alive and kicking,Hugh,thank you.Keeping my wooden spoon handy ready to stir things and start a decent debate.All members seem quiet and peaceable at the moment.Should we liven them up a bit?

Should we liven them up a bit..?

Yeah!! Go for it em.. You start .. I'll follow..

Don't think of a caterpillar dying..Think of a butterfly living.

[email protected]

klondike

« Reply #21 on: Apr 03, 2021, 10:28:37 AM »
Not possible to get a good debate going EM when one or two on here deliberately or accidentally take the thread subject off track.   
I've not seen that. Or maybe I'm a culprit as my mind can wander and I tend to just post what has occurred to me which as often as not may be considered off-topic or at least only connected tangenitally.

For example - what the hell is this thread actuaully about? I have not the vaguest notion having picked it up as an unviewed thread at the start of the second page. It could be about crotchet. It could be about football. I have no idea but I doubt very much it started out as stirring the pot or threads wandering off topic.

Hugh

« Reply #22 on: Apr 03, 2021, 10:48:21 AM »
For example - what the hell is this thread actuaully about?[/size]

[/size]
Yes you could pretty much say the same on every thread Klondike it must be pretty mind blowing for visitor. Whats happening stopped me posting and the only reason I am back is my name was brought up in missing. Point is I log on looking for a topic I am interested only to find they are talking about knickers or some thing else. If you are on the forum [/size]all-day you can keep up with the discussion but I am not.

Sheila

« Reply #23 on: Apr 03, 2021, 11:04:33 AM »
For example - what the hell is this thread actuaully about?[/size]

[/size]
Yes you could pretty much say the same on every thread Klondike it must be pretty mind blowing for visitor. Whats happening stopped me posting and the only reason I am back is my name was brought up in missing. Point is I log on looking for a topic I am interested only to find they are talking about knickers or some thing else. If you are on the forum [/size]all-day you can keep up with the discussion but I am not.

That made me burst out laughing.  Thanks Hugh.

sparky

« Reply #24 on: Apr 03, 2021, 11:26:02 AM »
Yeah I skipped the one about knickers, who gives a stuff about Pick pockets

Scrumpy

« Reply #25 on: Apr 03, 2021, 01:52:28 PM »

Hi Sparky.. I see you are still on good form.. x
Don't think of a caterpillar dying..Think of a butterfly living.

[email protected]

sparky

« Reply #26 on: Apr 03, 2021, 02:11:43 PM »
Scrumpy, Yeah thanks, its the same  old cockney humour coming out, which has been know to get me in trouble at times,