Author Topic: George Floyd trial  (Read 6439 times)

Michael Rolls

Re: George Floyd trial
« Reply #15 on: Apr 01, 2021, 02:52:59 PM »
Hope so, but.....
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Alex22

« Reply #16 on: Apr 01, 2021, 03:43:07 PM »
I've been watching one of Floyd's girlfriends giving evidence, tears flowing like Niagara Falls !
then telling us how they used to go on picnics but they were both drug  addicts.  ::) this lady looks like she has been coached and I have to switch off now.

I agree Officer Chauvin went over the top and he will be hung out to dry.   Just imagine the  riots if he is found not guilty, it doesn't bear thinking about.

GrannyMac

« Reply #17 on: Apr 01, 2021, 05:59:21 PM »
I can't imagine my nephew, who is a police inspector, ever handling a suspect in that manner. And he's had dealings with some right scrotes. Its so different in America. 

And yet, we have as an accused murderer of a young woman, a serving police officer. 
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

zoony

« Reply #18 on: Apr 01, 2021, 06:12:05 PM »
I've been watching one of Floyd's girlfriends giving evidence, tears flowing like Niagara Falls !
then telling us how they used to go on picnics but they were both drug  addicts.  ::) this lady looks like she has been coached and I have to switch off now.

I agree Officer Chauvin went over the top and he will be hung out to dry.   Just imagine the  riots if he is found not guilty, it doesn't bear thinking about.

Are you saying that drug addicts don't have any sort of life Alex? You don't believe junkies like normal things too? I've known a few and they love to do ordinary, pleasurable things like picnic as well as get stoned..
I've not heard what you heard, In my book it's murder but I expect manslaughter will be the verdict..The cop's disdainful, superior facial expression while being begged to let the man breathe says a lot about not giving the smallest flying fick for either the life he's taking or any other that he personally is far superior to.

That's my opinion and I know it won't be that of many but it's mine...
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Alex22

« Reply #19 on: Apr 01, 2021, 07:15:56 PM »
I'm not saying druggies don't have a life, but it appears they took drugs a lot, I'd have thought picnics were low on their list of ' things to do' that's all.   

zoony

« Reply #20 on: Apr 01, 2021, 07:42:53 PM »
In some cases you'd not be wrong but most addicts, who can afford to support their habits, and there are a lot more than you might think, are of the 'managing' type, often professionals of one kind or another and you'd be unlikely to spot 'em. Certainly not what you term 'druggies'. They have kids, partners, mortgages etc and do all the things 'normal' folk do. It's only when something happens to disturb the balance that things can rapidly turn to desperate..

cowboy wisdom.

Alex22

« Reply #21 on: Apr 01, 2021, 08:34:32 PM »
But we're talking about a violent, thieving, cocaine taking ex con here.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #22 on: Apr 01, 2021, 08:35:49 PM »
But he was black, so that doesn’t matter
Mike 👿👿

zoony

« Reply #23 on: Apr 01, 2021, 08:56:04 PM »
But we're talking about a violent, thieving, cocaine taking ex con here.

As I said... I was just trying to straighten out some ideas about addicts of various kinds.. 'Violent, thieving, cocaine taking ex con'..Quite the judgement of a man but it must have some truth to it. I don't think you're saying that his killing was justified so I'm unclear as to your point..

cowboy wisdom.

stellamaris

« Reply #24 on: Apr 01, 2021, 09:09:56 PM »
I have heard it a few parts of the trial live - I say heard, because it might have been switching to YouTube on the TV when I wasn't watching, and other times it was pieces on one of the talk radio progs.  The witnesses all seemed to regret taking the actions they did take rather than do other things. The shop assistant who had taken the forged note from him and who had been sent out twice by the manager to ask Floyd to come back into the shop, regretted not just taking the note and pretending not to notice.  Another regretted taking the video instead of going to give physical life-saving assistance. It reminded me of the James Bulger trial where the various people who along the route who had questioned what the boys who had James were doing with him and had believed their stories. They were living a life of regret.

I have no feelings for either of the protagonists in this current drama.  They were unlucky to meet each other. Maybe fated to meet each other.  One died and the other will pay the price.

Keep on chooglin' - John Fogerty
Pronouns: She/Her/Beautiful/Wondrous one/Dearest Heart

zoony

« Reply #25 on: Apr 01, 2021, 09:57:31 PM »
The right one, whatever that be, God willing.

cowboy wisdom.

Alex22

« Reply #26 on: Apr 01, 2021, 10:20:53 PM »

As I said... I was just trying to straighten out some ideas about addicts of various kinds.. 'Violent, thieving, cocaine taking ex con'..Quite the judgement of a man but it must have some truth to it. I don't think you're saying that his killing was justified so I'm unclear as to your point..

You started to describe professional people with mortgages who take drugs, I was just stating the fact that this man was not of that group. 

I don't think his killing was intentional but if he hadn't resisted arrest and listened to advice from bystanders and just got in the damn patrol car, perhaps he'd be here today.  Or perhaps not, as Meth and Fentanyl were found in him, he had high BP, heart disease and an enlarged heart.   But they can't afford to bring in a not guilty verdict, America is on trial this week, not just Derek Chauvin.   

zoony

« Reply #27 on: Apr 01, 2021, 11:26:13 PM »
I'm also aware that a lot of ME and pathology findings are politically convenient and often biased and that the Coroner, as an electee is subject to the whims of his/her superiors, sometimes..

cowboy wisdom.

ronyork

« Reply #28 on: Apr 02, 2021, 07:29:24 AM »
Wiill this police officer receive  a fair trial? it appears the man detained was well known to the police over many years a serial offender, been in prison , and in courts many times, perhaps this policeman was in order at that moment, by the size of this person and record the policeman was  perhaps in order , and the circus put on for the cameras by the family, Oh what a lovely person he was  well thats open to opinion,

Michael Rolls

« Reply #29 on: Apr 02, 2021, 07:54:36 AM »
The world is probably a better place without him, but the officer is in a lose-lose situation
Mike