Author Topic: George Floyd trial  (Read 6415 times)

Diasi

Re: George Floyd trial
« Reply #90 on: Apr 24, 2021, 11:12:34 AM »
Good Lord!
Mike

Byrd was also a KKK organiser, who established a branch of the KKK in West Virginia, where he recruited 150 members.

Reuters fact checking have tried to rubbish these facts by saying they're false but the only part of Byard that isn't true was his status in the KKK which wasn't Grand Wizard.

But, very begrudgingly, they've had to admit that the rest is true.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Michael Rolls

« Reply #91 on: Apr 24, 2021, 11:19:56 AM »
Just read the Wiki article on the man - fascinating and a leopard that really changed its spots from what he said in 1946

>>I shall never fight in the armed forces with a negro by my side ... Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds.
— Robert C. Byrd, in a letter to Sen. Theodore Bilbo (D-MS), 1944[13][27]<<

To what he said half a century later

>>In 1997, he told an interviewer he would encourage young people to become involved in politics but also warned, "Be sure you avoid the Ku Klux Klan. Don't get that albatross around your neck. Once you've made that mistake, you inhibit your operations in the political arena."[3<<

Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

crabbyob

« Reply #92 on: Apr 24, 2021, 11:21:33 AM »
what the world needs is more coloured people like this gentleman to stand up and tell this truth
we need someone in this country to stand up and tell it to the labour party
thanks for this post Alex
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Diasi

« Reply #93 on: Apr 24, 2021, 11:23:42 AM »
Just read the Wiki article on the man - fascinating and a leopard that really changed its spots from what he said in 1946

>>I shall never fight in the armed forces with a negro by my side ... Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds.
— Robert C. Byrd, in a letter to Sen. Theodore Bilbo (D-MS), 1944[13][27]<<

To what he said half a century later

>>In 1997, he told an interviewer he would encourage young people to become involved in politics but also warned, "Be sure you avoid the Ku Klux Klan. Don't get that albatross around your neck. Once you've made that mistake, you inhibit your operations in the political arena."[3<<

Mike

He certainly wasn't a leopard who changed his spots, he was a grubby slimy politician who said what was politcally expedient at that point in time.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Diasi

« Reply #94 on: Apr 24, 2021, 11:24:57 AM »
what the world needs is more coloured people like this gentleman to stand up and tell this truth
we need someone in this country to stand up and tell it to the labour party
thanks for this post Alex

The worrying thing is that if Alex hadn't posted it (thanks Alex) I doubt any of us have known about him, when it should have been front page news.

crabbyob

« Reply #95 on: Apr 24, 2021, 11:25:23 AM »
as does every politician living and dead
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Michael Rolls

« Reply #96 on: Apr 24, 2021, 11:26:28 AM »
He certainly wasn't a leopard who changed his spots, he was a grubby slimy politician who said what was politcally expedient at that point in time.
Don't they all? I did wonder which was the real Byrd - 1946 or 1997
Mike

Diasi

« Reply #97 on: Apr 24, 2021, 11:28:38 AM »
as does every politician living and dead

My concern is that the media have tried to bury this news, but imagine if it had been Donald Trump & not Biden.

I'm beginning to understand people of North Korea who only know what they're told.

klondike

« Reply #98 on: Apr 24, 2021, 11:30:28 AM »
Officer Tatum GOES OFF on the BBC Network - America isn't a Racist Nation - YouTube
That title is a bit of a nonsense IMO. The man didn't "Kick Off" at all he gave a calm personal view. One that made a lot of sense to me as I'll freely admit that all I've seen are numbers and no explanation before of why the numbers are the way they are. He offered an answer to that. It may not be the correct answer but it was at least both an answer and believable.

It come to something when you simply can't entirely believe anything much you see reported.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Alex22

« Reply #99 on: Apr 24, 2021, 11:59:34 AM »
That title is a bit of a nonsense IMO. The man didn't "Kick Off" at all he gave a calm personal view. One that made a lot of sense to me as I'll freely admit that all I've seen are numbers and no explanation before of why the numbers are the way they are. He offered an answer to that. It may not be the correct answer but it was at least both an answer and believable.

It come to something when you simply can't entirely believe anything much you see reported.

Don't you start too !  :o

klondike

« Reply #100 on: Apr 24, 2021, 04:54:44 PM »

Michael Rolls

« Reply #101 on: Apr 25, 2021, 01:14:03 PM »
is puzzlement
Mike

Alex22

« Reply #102 on: May 06, 2021, 11:46:19 AM »
Derek Chauvin's lawyer has asked for a re-trial after it was discovered that one of the jurors had attended a BLM rally in 2020 and was pictured wearing a BLM T Shirt that said "Get your knee off our neck "   This should be interesting  !

Michael Rolls

« Reply #103 on: May 06, 2021, 11:50:58 AM »
Very much so! Surely an indication of bias?
Mike

klondike

« Reply #104 on: May 06, 2021, 01:25:07 PM »
Apparently asking for a retrial is a standard tactic (or so it said on some radio news program I heard).