Author Topic: What can we do.  (Read 634 times)

ronyork

What can we do.
« on: May 01, 2021, 04:24:27 PM »
Still they cross the channel even in canoes,our present record is pretty poor,we cannot go absorbing this ever increasing number of immigrants who bleed our system of benefits from the day they arrive. I do not know the solution and it appears neither does the government, What is the solution one cannot blame these people wanting to reach our shores, for a better life. But action must be taken quickly, many when get into society soon start to appear in minor crime and appear to have no fear of the law , and many areas in east York/lancs appear to be no go areas for the police to carry out their duties for fear of upsetting the local religious leaders and hoodlums, religion is dangerous it always has been.

klondike

Re: What can we do.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2021, 08:17:22 PM »
21 reads and no replies. I'm guessing because the 20 before just like me can't see it ever getting fixed by our gutless politicians.
So long and thanks for all the fish

sparky

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2021, 08:21:15 PM »
All the time we rescue them and wet nurse them with good food and good housing when they get here, they will continue to arrive, stick them in tents in a remote location, with the very basic food and they will soon lose the eagerness to get here,

Michael Rolls

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2021, 08:23:54 PM »
I cannot think of any solution that would be acceptable to the chattering classes by whom we have the misfortune to be governed
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

GrannyMac

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2021, 09:40:04 AM »
The channel crossers and others who enter the UK illegally account for around 2% of all immigrants, even though the number has doubled in the last couple of years.

Thats about 1 in 50 immigrants. That possibly explains why the Home Office don't seem to process their claims very quickly.

One of the nationalities that has the worst rep in this city is Slovak.  The Roma are here legally due to T Blair and his open borders.  The whole immigration situation is a shambles.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

sparky

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2021, 10:41:04 AM »
The whole immigration situation is a shambles

But still Boris in his desperate attempt to shift the focus from his shady
 financial antics, spouts we are addressing the things that  matter to the pubic, whereas they have done sod all about this for years

klondike

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2021, 11:19:59 AM »
The channel crossers and others who enter the UK illegally account for around 2% of all immigrants, even though the number has doubled in the last couple of years.
Murders certainly account for a lower percentage of crime than 2% and cost an arm and a leg to investigate and bring to court. Maybe we shouldn't bother?

Alex22

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2021, 12:02:22 PM »
What percentage of crime is committed by immigrants - legal or illegal ?   I don't suppose such statistics are published, but reading the papers regularly it's easy to see who is committing the most crimes.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2021, 12:04:25 PM »
Sad,y true. Surprising, or perhaps not, to see the proliferation of foreign names
Mike

GrannyMac

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2021, 06:55:04 PM »
Foreign names don't always signify immigrant, some have generations before them in the UK.  Rishi Sunak, Priti Patel for example.

R. Gervais

GrannyMac

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2021, 07:03:49 PM »
What percentage of crime is committed by immigrants - legal or illegal ?   I don't suppose such statistics are published, but reading the papers regularly it's easy to see who is committing the most crimes.

These figures are never very clear, I've found this from about five years ago when there were around 10,000 foreign prisoners.   

https://fullfact.org/immigration/foreigners-prison/

R. Gervais

Alex22

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2021, 08:09:16 PM »
]Around 5.2 million people were citizens of another country in 2015, according to estimates from the Office for National Statistics.

Six years on and you can bet it's a lot more than 5.2 million

Michael Rolls

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2021, 08:26:15 PM »
and that's only the ones they know about
Mike

GrannyMac

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2021, 10:41:15 PM »
Around 6.2 million foreign born living in the UK in 2019 - that they know about!  Here's where they are from.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/759859/non-british-population-in-united-kingdom-by-nationality/

R. Gervais

klondike

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2021, 08:38:36 AM »
To be honest I'm not so much concerned where they come from as where they end up.

Looks like that 5 occupant HMO a couple of doors away from me is going to sneek through at just less than the 10% limit by a mere 2 meters in the measururements - 1 HMO isn't counted and 1 extra house gets included plus an unused flat above a vets gets counted as a dwelling along with a house use soley as an Air-B&B for up to 8 too somehow. I hope the tenants use camels rather than cars because parking is becoming a joke.