Author Topic: Voting Today  (Read 3003 times)

klondike

Re: Voting Today
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2021, 01:11:42 PM »
Poor aim....
So long and thanks for all the fish

Michael Rolls

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2021, 03:10:11 PM »
Whoops
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Jacqueline

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2021, 08:24:47 PM »
I wonder what the young lads on the Normandy Beaches would have thought.

Makes you want to cry doesn't it? they gave their lives for this country for what?

GrannyMac

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2021, 11:54:28 AM »

Makes you want to cry doesn't it? they gave their lives for this country for what?

Equality? Fairness?

Thousands of troops didn't see much of that, even though they put their lives on the line for the allies.   https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/02/23/britains-abandoned-black-soldiers/

Not forgetting the 2.5 million in the Indian army fighting for our cause.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

brian54

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2021, 09:32:59 PM »
Equality will never exist. How can you expect a doctor to accept the same salary as somebody who sweeps the street.
My cousin moans because I have more money than him when he hardly worked.
My daughters will probably get more money over their life time being senior sisters married to a doctor and a dentist.

klondike

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2021, 10:19:43 PM »
And that post started out so well too...
So long and thanks for all the fish

GrannyMac

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2021, 10:55:15 PM »
It did. 😕

R. Gervais

Jacqueline

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2021, 01:09:06 AM »
Equality? Fairness?

Thousands of troops didn't see much of that, even though they put their lives on the line for the allies.   https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/02/23/britains-abandoned-black-soldiers/

Not forgetting the 2.5 million in the Indian army fighting for our cause.

What do you expect when those at the top didn't treat working class British  people much better? where were the homes fit for heros? my grandfather never got one, a few years down the line he was out of work in the depression, the government did nothing for the unemployed, but a few years later it's come on boys fight Hitler.  The government used us to keep the Germans out, then gave our country away opened it up to all comers so I don't recognise it as Britain anymore, where is the fairness to the British people?

Sheila

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2021, 08:39:18 AM »
I have family in Blackburn and one of them has taken early retirement because the people he worked with would not obey the covid rules.  They have had to move because they felt so unsafe, for instance there were 400 people in a nearby mosque.

On the plus side, at the end of Ramadan, they used to enjoy the lovely curries that were shared with them!

Scrumpy

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2021, 09:31:55 AM »
Equality will never exist. How can you expect a doctor to accept the same salary as somebody who sweeps the street.
My cousin moans because I have more money than him when he hardly worked.
My daughters will probably get more money over their life time being senior sisters married to a doctor and a dentist.

Equality will never exist. How can you expect a doctor to accept the same salary as somebody who sweeps the streets..!!!

Where are (MOST) of our doctors.!! What the hell are they doing.!! They seem to have gone into hiding..
The bin men have carried on through this pandemic.. our transport workers too..

Brian.. You are so up your own backside ... You really believe that you and your kids keep the country running.. That is simply not true over the last year.. Our hospital WORKERS kept going... Yet (most) of our  dentists and doctors closed their doors..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2021, 09:37:32 AM »
our dentist stayed open, although I cancelled my appointments which had been due last May and September - but have now had an appointment a month or so ago.
Don't really know about our GPs as I haven't needed to use them
Mike 🤞🤞🤞
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Alex22

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2021, 10:37:11 AM »
If you're in Blackburn, here's the latest campaign video for the Tories.  Vote for Tiger Patel  !

Tiger Patel Is Back 2021 #VoteTigerPatel #VoteConservatives - YouTube

He won  ;D

Jacqueline

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2021, 12:13:09 PM »
I have family in Blackburn and one of them has taken early retirement because the people he worked with would not obey the covid rules.  They have had to move because they felt so unsafe, for instance there were 400 people in a nearby mosque.

On the plus side, at the end of Ramadan, they used to enjoy the lovely curries that were shared with them!

Then they moan about the racist virus!  That's why every town and village has immigrants because of the people who buy their stinky curry!

GrannyMac

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2021, 04:41:50 PM »

Numbers Sheila, and some very backward views.

But like you, I know there are positives.   I worked in a building shared with a group of Pakistani ladies who were sewing and learning English. They used to share food then too.  I love the spices in Asian food.  Thai, Indian and Chinese, I like them all except for really hot curries.

R. Gervais

Diasi

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2021, 05:31:10 PM »

He won  ;D

Yes & I'm pleased that he did.

What he was actually doing in his campaign video was highlighting the damage that had been done to a children's play area & which the Labour Council hadn't repaired.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)