Author Topic: What serious mistakes in life would you correct ?  (Read 2694 times)

zoony

Re: What serious mistakes in life would you correct ?
« Reply #15 on: Oct 22, 2021, 04:31:23 PM »
Being born.

FB, I really hope things aren't THAT bad but I guess you know you best.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Scrumpy

« Reply #16 on: Oct 22, 2021, 06:45:30 PM »
Being born.

Being born..
That is so sad.. ..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Bee

« Reply #17 on: Oct 23, 2021, 06:56:35 AM »
Saying ‘Yes’ when I meant ‘No’.
Meeting a (stranger)..

I know what you mean....I am from Essex and my ex husband is from Yorkshire....it was the different accents that did it for me. :'( :'(
The only way is up....

crabbyob

« Reply #18 on: Oct 23, 2021, 11:04:50 AM »
hitting the foreman when i was a first year apprentice... mind you he did slap me first, but i didnt slap him.
stupid boy...
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

TREBOR

« Reply #19 on: Oct 26, 2021, 10:43:44 AM »
It was not a mistake that "I" made.  However being born on the autistic specrtum can come with a lot of inbuilt problems, like seeing the world in black and white, lacking what others regard as a sense of humour, and missing out on a lot of social cues. It has led to some misunderstandings with the likes of neighbours and comparative strangers which Mrs T feels obliged to explain away but no I longer do.

When I was younger I used to "pretend" by learning all the appropriate things to say on various social occasions. We call it masking because it is a performance or a pretence. And it comes with a psychological cost. That was what I did wrong in an attempt to be acceptable to others and to fit in to their world.
If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.

Sciatico

« Reply #20 on: Oct 26, 2021, 11:27:08 AM »
Very interesting. Do you find some things funny or is there no sense of humour at all? I know two people who do laugh at things but nobody understands why, would they be on the same spectrum?.

crabbyob

« Reply #21 on: Oct 26, 2021, 11:41:41 AM »
Trebor, can i just point out that when i was in the army marching along the road, it was required that we ALL march in step......
but funnily enough the guys not on the road, just wandered along, hands in pockets, enjoying the sight of us marching... and every so often one or two of them tried marching in step with us... now THAT was funny.

March to your own Drummer, and admire your OWN reflection, you are answerable only to you..... and try to smile more, its infectious..
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Ashy

« Reply #22 on: Oct 26, 2021, 12:19:33 PM »
I would have diverted the Glasgow Mail of 8th August 1963 via the east coast.

Jacqueline

« Reply #23 on: Oct 26, 2021, 01:49:51 PM »
Moving to where I live now 16 years ago, never have settled.  Now I have got a buyer for my house after all this time can't find a suitable place to move to, very little on the market.

Ashy, I guess you are referring to the Train Robbery, was it in your power to divert it?

crabbyob

« Reply #24 on: Oct 26, 2021, 01:59:50 PM »
I would have diverted the Glasgow Mail of 8th August 1963 via the east coast.

then my who wants to be a millionaire joke would be defunct

Ashy

« Reply #25 on: Oct 26, 2021, 02:55:14 PM »
Not really, they would have done it the next night.

TREBOR

« Reply #26 on: Oct 26, 2021, 06:07:44 PM »
It was their plan for afterwards where they fell apart, moving to a farm in the country. Country people are nosy as hell.

A friend of ours rented a cute country cottage for a few months hoping for peace and quiet to finish a novel. She had a stream of unwanted visitors wanting to know who she was and what she was doing. When she failed to go to the door they came round to the back and tapped on the window. They would see the car and know there was someone in. Nosy buggers. Fortunately she didnt tell them she was a writer or she would have had even more of them asking stupid questions ...
If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.

brian phillips

« Reply #27 on: Oct 27, 2021, 09:41:05 AM »
Never  tell any one  how   well you are doing  regarding  finance.   Especially  close  friends

crabbyob

« Reply #28 on: Oct 27, 2021, 10:27:43 AM »
Never  tell any one  how   well you are doing  regarding  finance.   Especially  close  friends

and if you do then immediately go live on an island not easily accessible... ;D

Raven

« Reply #29 on: Oct 27, 2021, 11:21:26 AM »
Country people are nosy as hell.

Not all of us are. I couldn't give a stuff what the nearest neighbours are doing, nor anyone in the nearby village. :-\