Author Topic: The makers of rules...  (Read 657 times)

Scrumpy

Re: The makers of rules...
« Reply #30 on: Dec 08, 2021, 03:33:51 PM »
It was the brass neck of Allegra Stratton giggling about it whilst trying to work out how to deny it ... Without the sense to realise it was all being recorded..

Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Wandering Walter

« Reply #31 on: Dec 08, 2021, 06:48:31 PM »
She has now resigned in tears, and still we don't know if there was a party last Christmas or not or a Business Meeting with wine and cheese or if Boris was even there or not or if he even knew about it  ???   
Never enter the world of Conspiracy Theorists, it is the pathway to madness

Wandering Walter

« Reply #32 on: Dec 08, 2021, 07:57:56 PM »
The Metropolitan police say they will not investigate allegations of a party at Downing Street due to an “absence of evidence” and a force policy not to investigate retrospective breaches of coronavirus regulations.

Alex22

« Reply #33 on: Dec 08, 2021, 08:06:37 PM »
I think so Alex. For example does a murder trial in Court 1 at The Strand mean that a bicycle theft hearing in Denbigh Magistrates Court should be ignored?

Relativity is many times immaterial to overall significance.

I understand what you're saying Cass, I'm just sick of hearing about it and tbh junior civil servants opening a few tins in Downing Street is not the Government.   There are many people wanting to bring Boris down, if it happens we could end up with worse, that's what worries me.

Wandering Walter

« Reply #34 on: Dec 08, 2021, 08:18:32 PM »
I agree the last thing we need is to change horses in midstream not a wise move at the best of times, and who would want to change places with him its a poisoned chalice.

Danger of a snap GE and we could end up with Strarmer and his band of Muppets and assorted Marxists 

crabbyob

« Reply #35 on: Dec 08, 2021, 08:27:25 PM »
I cannot believe that the subject has been given the air time it has, nor that the young lady lost her job because of it... for goodness sake the government are there for tomorrow, not yesterday, but no doubt starmer and his muppets will be raising a glass tonight to the news that the young woman resigned, i can just see him doing the fist pump...YES!!!!... bloody zombie nation
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Wandering Walter

« Reply #36 on: Dec 08, 2021, 08:32:17 PM »
If you throw enough mud some of it will stick, it matters not if the allegation about the party is true or not the press will run with it, especially the left wing press and far left political activists

GrannyMac

« Reply #37 on: Dec 08, 2021, 11:22:47 PM »
I cannot believe that the subject has been given the air time it has, nor that the young lady lost her job because of it... for goodness sake the government are there for tomorrow, not yesterday, but no doubt starmer and his muppets will be raising a glass tonight to the news that the young woman resigned, i can just see him doing the fist pump...YES!!!!... bloody zombie nation

Me neither. The attempted point scoring by Starmer and his gang do nothing for their credibility. 
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

TREBOR

« Reply #38 on: Dec 08, 2021, 11:29:16 PM »
The reason the "top honchos" don't follow the rules is because they know they're are futile and pointless.  The reaction to this virus has always been wholly disproportionate. Politicians and the elite have ignored them throughout.

It's not about protecting the public, it's about gaining digital control of the population.  Vaccine passports will only be the start. Those vaxed who are jumping up and down wanting the unvaxed forced or punished should consider this very carefully.  Once your freedoms have gone you won't be given them back.
If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.

Wandering Walter

« Reply #39 on: Dec 09, 2021, 07:55:10 AM »

Me neither. The attempted point scoring by Starmer and his gang do nothing for their credibility.

I agree and as they don't have to make these very difficult decisions they can snipe from the side-lines they are fireproof   

xetog

« Reply #40 on: Dec 09, 2021, 09:11:34 AM »
At one time (pre internet) politicians, particularly the cabinet were remote figures whom we trusted to get on and run the country.  Back then we would not have been able to follow their day-to-day indiscretions except for those serious issues like the Profumo affair.  Now everything is open to the world because of the mobile phone and the WWW.

Unfortunately those in high office do not seem to have the wit to understand that times have changed and that ordinary voters generally have higher moral standards than those at the top.  Becoming a minister seems to appeal mainly to those who consider power & wealth to be beyond the reach of common law (this applies to top civil servants too), we only have to look at their attitude to the Afghan evacuation to see this.  Fortunately the military hauled most of their coals out of that particular fire, but until those who would control us grow up and realise that governance is a serious job this country will continue to stagger along the path to failure.

Boris is an oaf, a clown who won our support on the back of a vote for the 'least worse' and has not grown into the job.  Without the test of Covid, he probably would have served adequately and got yet another term when we next decide, but the pandemic has laid bare his inability to grasp that his blunders are loosing him support at a prodigious rate.  OK, other than the women his pool of talent is pretty shallow, but he should realise that as long as he panders to people like Raab his store of goodwill with voters will continue to ebb away.  I would wager that if Patel or Truss got into No 10 Raab would be sitting on the back benches before his feet could touch the ground.  Last years Christmas parties are an insignificant irritation, but they should have known they were giving the real opposition (the BBC) a flame to fan into a conflagration, a wild fire that Boris will be unable to stamp out.

Mike.X

If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

Wandering Walter

« Reply #41 on: Dec 09, 2021, 09:25:05 AM »
I voted Tory to keep Labour out of office self preservation to keep Corbyn and his far left comrades out of No10 as I have done for years expect when UKIP was about, Boris was chosen to be PM by his Party and yes he really does have a talent for shooting himself in the foot and being knifed in the back by those around him at the same time.   

Scrumpy

« Reply #42 on: Dec 09, 2021, 09:35:49 AM »

I am a Tory and will continue to vote for the party....
They just need to get their act together because they are beginning to look bloody stupid.. and they seem to think that we, the voters, are too..

Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

klondike

« Reply #43 on: Dec 09, 2021, 09:36:32 AM »
Where Boris lacks talent is in the ability to tell the truth. Perhaps he is modelling himself on Bliar. I doubt he'll complete one term though let alone 2¾
So long and thanks for all the fish

Wandering Walter

« Reply #44 on: Dec 09, 2021, 09:40:09 AM »
I agree with Scrumpy , and yes his days appear to be numbered