Author Topic: Aldi price check  (Read 416 times)

Akbuk

Aldi price check
« on: Jun 04, 2022, 01:52:29 PM »
My wife bought a piece of beef yesterday from Aldi. It was only a small piece, usually costs between £6 or £7. When she got home she (like most women) checked her receipt, she was surprised to see she had been charged £15 for it..........
The weight on the beef label showed 1.9 kilos.......she then put it on the scales & it weighed just under a kilo.
Took it back today with the receipt & she had a full refund (£15)............now we're having pork......gutted.

Anyway, just giving a general warning to check the price & the weight.
Iím a real he/him.

Reen

Re: Aldi price check
« Reply #1 on: Jun 04, 2022, 02:30:50 PM »
Why didn't they just refund her the appropriate amount - (taking into account of course the actual weight of the beef), you could have still had it instead of pork?
Don't put off till tomorrow what you can get someone else to do today. :)

Akbuk

« Reply #2 on: Jun 04, 2022, 03:31:32 PM »
Why didn't they just refund her the appropriate amount - (taking into account of course the actual weight of the beef), you could have still had it instead of pork?

Once that joint had left the shop & returned it wasnít allowed to be recirculated.
My wife also saw another piece of beef today wrongly priced. Iím not an Aldi shopper but my wife tells me, Aldi produce is all prepacked.......unlike Sainsburyís etc where loose produce and weighing scales are available.

Oh.......vouchers for Aldi to follow 😂
Iím a real he/him.

Alex22

« Reply #3 on: Jun 04, 2022, 05:44:12 PM »
I always check my receipts, I've found Iceland to be one of the worst offenders for incorrect charging.

Akbuk

« Reply #4 on: Jun 04, 2022, 07:02:10 PM »
I always check my receipts, I've found Iceland to be one of the worst offenders for incorrect charging.

My wife does as well, on this occasion her glasses were in the house.
Just goes to show though.......scanned  at the till, we do expect the price and weight to be correct.
Her first reaction was, I canít believe how the price of beef has gone up.
I only posted about it for ďbuyer bewareĒ.
Iím a real he/him.

Akbuk

« Reply #5 on: Jun 04, 2024, 11:05:17 AM »
Bit of breaking news for Aldi shoppers.
My daughter is off to Munich & Milan next week for three days of  talks, Aldi are going into "in house baking".
Iím a real he/him.

Alex22

« Reply #6 on: Jun 04, 2024, 11:42:41 AM »
Bit of breaking news for Aldi shoppers.
My daughter is off to Munich & Milan next week for three days of  talks, Aldi are going into "in house baking".

Copying Lidl, their bakery is very good.  I buy Low GI bread, crusty German type rolls, YumYums 😎 though I only buy one as a treat now.   All freshly baked in store👍

Akbuk

« Reply #7 on: Jun 04, 2024, 11:45:47 AM »
Copying Lidl, their bakery is very good.  I buy Low GI bread, crusty German type rolls, YumYums 😎 though I only buy one as a treat now.   All freshly baked in store👍

I buy the half baked rolls & sling them in the air fryer.
Iím a real he/him.

Alex22

« Reply #8 on: Jun 04, 2024, 11:52:48 AM »
Yes I've tried those too 👍 and of course Bratwurst which Aldi stopped selling some time ago.  To be fair they're not as good as the Aldi ones, but if you fancy a 'Bratty' there's not a lot of choice  😎

Akbuk

« Reply #9 on: Jun 04, 2024, 11:58:54 AM »
Yes I've tried those too 👍 and of course Bratwurst which Aldi stopped selling some time ago.  To be fair they're not as good as the Aldi ones, but if you fancy a 'Bratty' there's not a lot of choice  😎

Easy there Alex, my shopping ability is very limited. I only shop in Sainsbury's (much to my wife & daughters disgust). Ive never been in an Aldi shop BUT between my wife & daughter, I'm forced to do price checks with them.......they love putting me down  ;)
Iím a real he/him.

Alex22

« Reply #10 on: Jun 04, 2024, 12:45:05 PM »

Easy there Alex, my shopping ability is very limited. I only shop in Sainsbury's (much to my wife & daughters disgust). Ive never been in an Aldi shop BUT between my wife & daughter, I'm forced to do price checks with them.......they love putting me down  ;)

You don't know what you're missing !

Akbuk

« Reply #11 on: Jun 04, 2024, 02:25:58 PM »
You don't know what you're missing !

Believe me Alex, my wife & daughter tell me every Friday night whilst eating the cream cakes I bought from Sainsburys  :yahoo:

A heads up for curry eaters......Kohinoor Butter Chicken cooking sauce. I/we have tried every sauce over the years, this one is streets ahead. Costs about £2, I googled it, Sainsbury's, Morrisons, Tesco etc all sell in. AND MORE IMPORTANTLY, even I can make a meal with it. Is not ultra spicy, so I add a small green chili to it.
Anyone who tries it, just stick to the instructions. I've saved a right few quid on takeaways.
Iím a real he/him.

valerian

« Reply #12 on: Jun 04, 2024, 02:47:14 PM »
I once got a joint of beef delivered on a Friday night, with use by date the following day, bit disgusted when it is intended for Sunday dinner. I complained and was refunded the full price I paid, and got to keep the meat (yes, I did use it)

Bruce

« Reply #13 on: Jun 05, 2024, 11:32:52 AM »
I leave Aldi for the poor people who seem to like having their purchases flung at them by the checkout chick. I stick with Coles or Woollies where the girls put my purchases in my bag.
Eschew Obfuscation

Swimfeeders

« Reply #14 on: Jun 05, 2024, 12:04:23 PM »
Hi

I like Lidl more than Aldi.

I have other things to spend my money on than food.

Supermarkets are supplied by remarkably few companie, different packaging.

There are huge problems with prepacked meats, after Brexit they cannot get the Staff.

I regularly have leaflets in the letterbox advertising how much they are paying and it is going up and up.

We have a very big meat packing plant just behind the big Tesco.