Author Topic: The Prisoner  (Read 800 times)

morty

Re: The Prisoner
« Reply #15 on: Apr 09, 2023, 06:40:26 PM »
No one did ... but it was compulsive viewing watching that thing bouncing along the beach.

Dextrous63

« Reply #16 on: Apr 09, 2023, 07:47:16 PM »
No one did ... but it was compulsive viewing watching that thing bouncing along the beach.
I don’t know why I’m on these sites.  I’m only 22, but watch a lot of retro stuff.

Nobody has yet to discuss “UFO”, nor “Space 1999”.

Why is that?
To express oneself
In 17 syllables
Is very diffic

JBR

« Reply #17 on: Apr 09, 2023, 08:18:57 PM »
I don’t know why I’m on these sites.  I’m only 22, but watch a lot of retro stuff.

Why is that?

Yes, I used to enjoy both of those.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

morty

« Reply #18 on: Apr 09, 2023, 10:58:52 PM »

Why is that?
I always used to worry on UFO what on earth would happen if the aliens ever sent 4 UFOs as there was only 3 interceptors parked on the moon. Unless they requisitioned Space 1999's eagles. I suppose chuck in Blakes7 Liberator and Star Treks Enterprise and planet earth was fairly well protected.

Mups

« Reply #19 on: Apr 10, 2023, 12:26:35 AM »
The Prisoner...i remember it..didnt understand most of it tho

Same here.   :-\

infoman

« Reply #20 on: Dec 13, 2023, 06:59:27 PM »
The prisoner in my opinion was a good idea.If you were part of the secret service and wanted to leave,the secret service did not want you to leave.Patrick M'cgoohan got the idea of portmerion from a Danger man episode,I think it was called Spanish Villa and in Black and White.If you ever visit Harlech(by train) you can see across the estuary to the Portmerion beach.In the Spring and autumn,there are tours organised in London to show all the London locations in the Prisoner series

JBR

« Reply #21 on: Dec 13, 2023, 07:57:00 PM »
The prisoner in my opinion was a good idea.If you were part of the secret service and wanted to leave,the secret service did not want you to leave.Patrick M'cgoohan got the idea of portmerion from a Danger man episode,I think it was called Spanish Villa and in Black and White.If you ever visit Harlech(by train) you can see across the estuary to the Portmerion beach.In the Spring and autumn,there are tours organised in London to show all the London locations in the Prisoner series

Yes, an excellent series which I watched avidly.  As others have said, I didn't fully understand it, but I don't think that is necessary.  That white balloon thing was scary to a youngster, though it did occur to me to wonder how it managed to move about all on its own without any obvious means of anyone controlling it.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Zuleika

« Reply #22 on: Apr 04, 2024, 11:37:14 PM »

Did you ever watch 'Lost?' my provider stopped carrying when I was almost to the end
but someone told me they lost the plot and it was horribly scattered at the end.
All the plot twists in the world do nothing when they frazzle at the end
I watched it all They were all dead as most people thought ( I think ! )