Author Topic: The enigma code  (Read 367 times)

garabaldi

The enigma code
« on: Jul 31, 2023, 07:03:47 AM »

film The Enigma one of the producer was mick Jagger!! - beautiful film and how the team broke the german codes was not disclosed for 30 yrs after the war and the Russians finally apologized for atrocities committed on civilians years later too!

Great film - great acting - if ya haven't seen it give yaself a treat! - truly Great Britain!!

Ruthio

Re: The enigma code
« Reply #1 on: Aug 01, 2023, 01:12:36 PM »
Thanks for the recommendation 👍👍👍

Muddy

« Reply #2 on: Aug 08, 2023, 07:01:48 PM »
Producer just means he put up the money .
Old tight wads must have thought it was worth a punt .

Itís a good film 🙂
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Mark Twain

JBR

« Reply #3 on: Aug 08, 2023, 07:53:39 PM »
I agree.  Enigma (2001) is an excellent film

I recorded it on to disc from live TV in 2009.
It's even better when you didn't have to pay for it!
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Judd

« Reply #4 on: Aug 08, 2023, 08:07:44 PM »
Producer just means he put up the money .
Old tight wads must have thought it was worth a punt .

Itís a good film 🙂

Not only that, he owned an original four-rotor Enigma machine which he leant to the film company.
A man with one watch is always certain of the time. A man with two watches can never be sure.

garabaldi

« Reply #5 on: Aug 08, 2023, 09:37:36 PM »
there's more to the noble Jagger than meets the eye - I'll drink to that and here's mud in ya eye!!

Bruce

« Reply #6 on: Aug 09, 2023, 12:38:55 AM »
I am not sure Mick Jagger should ever be forgiven for Ned Kelly no matter the good works in reparation that he has done since
Eschew Obfuscation

garabaldi

« Reply #7 on: Aug 09, 2023, 03:45:55 AM »
yes what a hoot heh - I would often question what right he thought he had at playing the part apart from being an idiot?? - made it seem like comedy if I recall?

garabaldi

« Reply #8 on: Sep 14, 2023, 07:00:28 AM »
Just finished watching one of my altime favourite Bogart films - black and white of course colour would have undoubtedly spoilt it - those murky underground scenes would have been dull in colour but stood out starkly and frightenly in B/W

- I speak of SIROCCO of course - Bogart with his ultimate drawl but always the brusk gentleman especially with the ladies and always a selfish eye for business. It always brought into stark reminder those parts of history we have sometimes forgotten - more and more imperialism [wot an ugly word it becomes in B/W!] This time it's the turn of the French and their invasion and oppression of Syria.

A long forgotten event no doubt. The woman in question was rather adorable and Bogarts syrian 'business associates' at all levels of his life humourous and good actors. 10/10 as we do it in OZ