Author Topic: The lionesses victorious  (Read 333 times)

Muddy

The lionesses victorious
« on: Aug 12, 2023, 01:33:43 PM »
They have beaten Columbia so will go into the semi finals
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Mark Twain

Muddy

Re: The lionesses victorious
« Reply #1 on: Aug 16, 2023, 05:47:35 PM »
Great match today well done girls !
Look forward to Sundays final with Spain .
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Mark Twain

Artangel5

« Reply #2 on: Aug 17, 2023, 06:22:48 PM »
I donít follow it.
They are quite dirty players arenít they? I read about one of them putting the boot in on an opponent. 
The living are just the dead on holiday...... Maurice Maeterlinck

Judd

« Reply #3 on: Aug 17, 2023, 11:06:48 PM »
I donít follow it.
They are quite dirty players arenít they? I read about one of them putting the boot in on an opponent.
No. That was just one incident, whereby one of our players stood on the back of one of the other team's players. Whether it was deliberate or not, remains to be seen. The player involved was red-carded and banned for two games.

An excellent match against the Aussies, good play and ball passing between the team, and team members not hanging on to the ball and going for personal glory like a bloke would. Remember also, that they've achieved what the male team have yet to do - made it to a world cup final.

Good luck this Sunday.
A man with one watch is always certain of the time. A man with two watches can never be sure.

Muddy

« Reply #4 on: Aug 20, 2023, 11:43:31 AM »
Spain has scored 🙂

Mark Twain

bilzin

Re: The Ladylike lionesses
« Reply #5 on: Aug 20, 2023, 02:12:00 PM »
I was idly channel hopping today when spain were awarded a penalty which was saved by the England goalie. 

Now I'm no expert lip reader, but as the goalie walked away to return the ball she mouthed something to the spanish contingent and, as I said before, I'm no hot shot lip reader but I do recognise  the words
  F*** and O** when I see them.....,eagle eyed wrinklies like me may spot them if the nawty words police don't edit them out before re transmission !
hmmmm   wonder what would have been said or done if it had been a male player shouting abuse at th d*g*s ? ?
And I still say that both teams should swap shirts at the end of the match !

Muddy

« Reply #6 on: Aug 20, 2023, 06:26:14 PM »
I thought Spain played well and were better than the British but they also played dirty and the ref didnít seem to notice .

Mark Twain

Artangel5

« Reply #7 on: Aug 20, 2023, 08:21:48 PM »
Can anyone tell me... why the majority of the England players have blonde ponytails?

I did watch it but when England were losing, they started using dirty tactics. The aggression in the England goalkeeperís face when Spain scored was scary. Her mouthed language was unnecessary.

Spain deserved to win, they were slick and fast. Bonmati was Player of the Match for me.
How great that the Queen Of Spain was there to support the Spanish players. The King Of Spain supported his countryís players at Wimbledon.

As for the commentators, they need to learn how to speak properly!
The living are just the dead on holiday...... Maurice Maeterlinck

Muddy

« Reply #8 on: Aug 22, 2023, 08:39:43 AM »
The Spanish were pretty dirty too .
They like the hang onto the shirt technique while the ref looked the other way .

Mark Twain

Bruce

« Reply #9 on: Aug 23, 2023, 12:05:29 AM »

I did watch it but when England were losing, they started using dirty tactics. The aggression in the England goalkeeperís face when Spain scored was scary. Her mouthed language was unnecessary.

I didn't watch any of the matches, but a few commentators on the radio news did describe the English team as "rough and dirty" throughout the tournament but that might just be the style of play in England.
Eschew Obfuscation