Author Topic: Donald Trump  (Read 12391 times)

Hugh

Re: Donald Trump
« Reply #30 on: Jan 17, 2024, 01:42:33 PM »
Nominations not been finalised yet so the race is still on.

Akbuk

« Reply #31 on: Jan 17, 2024, 01:48:56 PM »
Nominations not been finalised yet so the race is still on.

There's only three standing for the Republicans & one for the Democrats.
Do you honestly think Trump isn't going to get the Republicans nomination? He's even the bookies favourite to become the President, never mind the nomination.
Iím a real he/him.

Swimfeeders

« Reply #32 on: Jan 17, 2024, 02:19:48 PM »
As for Trump & the NATO issue. Even the UK has complained for years about members not paying their fair share, which included Germany.
The meeting between NATO & the then US President was open to the press, the recording is still on YouTube.
Trump had the bloody nerve to call Germany out 😂 was he wrong on doing that, along with what he stated? IMO no, it wasnít BS, it was fact.

Found it.

Word for Word: President Trump Strongly Criticized Germany at Start of NATO Summit (C-SPAN) (youtube.com)

Hi

No I think he was quite right to call out Germany and others.

I wish our Government had done so sooner and was still calling them out.

Instead we are still doing their job for them.

As regards Political Leaders, the UK has nothing to brag about.

It was not that incident I was referring to however.

Hugh

« Reply #33 on: Jan 17, 2024, 02:36:51 PM »
From what I have read I will be quite shocked if he get nominated. My money on Nikki Haley getting nominated. 

Akbuk

« Reply #34 on: Jan 17, 2024, 02:42:09 PM »

Hi

No I think he was quite right to call out Germany and others.

I wish our Government had done so sooner and was still calling them out.

Instead we are still doing their job for them.

As regards Political Leaders, the UK has nothing to brag about.

It was not that incident I was referring to however.

Trump calls for or puts America first, what did Merkel do for years? Put Germany first.
Itís OK to do that, just donít make a public statement about it & thatís just what Trump is doing.
Itís not a case of me agreeing with him but in all fairness, an elected leader should always put their country first, nor should they be shamed for doing so.

Jeeez we ourselves complain about dishing out foreign aid to all and sundry.
Iím a real he/him.

Akbuk

Iím a real he/him.

Hugh

« Reply #36 on: Jan 17, 2024, 03:52:57 PM »
Trump puts himself first and USA second.

digitalis

« Reply #37 on: Jan 17, 2024, 03:53:08 PM »
Germany was doing very nicely with Russia before we stepped in.

Russia was doing very well with Germany.

Both seemed to be doing very well.

I'm not sure if we were.

But then Washington decided to back Zelensky and togther the US and GB decided to take down Nord Stream i and 2. This put an end to to Germanys good times. Not so much Russias good times.

I dont know if we have benefitted from Germany's demise.

The US seems to have benefitted. Maybe we have gathered crumbs from the Ukrainian war table.

I have read that the starting salary for a private in the army is £18,500. Less than a shelf stacker at Tesco. When I last looked in at my closing down multi cultural rat city,I thought why would I go to fight for it all. Increasingly most new arrivals have no allegiance to Britain,less likely to fight for it,but more likely to take from it. Trump believes in his America. I think we're a goner here.

Akbuk

« Reply #38 on: Jan 17, 2024, 04:01:28 PM »
Germany was doing very nicely with Russia before we stepped in.

Russia was doing very well with Germany.

Both seemed to be doing very well.

I'm not sure if we were.

But then Washington decided to back Zelensky and togther the US and GB decided to take down Nord Stream i and 2. This put an end to to Germanys good times. Not so much Russias good times.

I dont know if we have benefitted from Germany's demise.

The US seems to have benefitted. Maybe we have gathered crumbs from the Ukrainian war table.

I have read that the starting salary for a private in the army is £18,500. Less than a shelf stacker at Tesco. When I last looked in at my closing down multi cultural rat city,I thought why would I go to fight for it all. Increasingly most new arrivals have no allegiance to Britain,less likely to fight for it,but more likely to take from it. Trump believes in his America. I think we're a goner here.

The world is changing, many no longer want the US to police the world, especially when policing the world boils down to US interests.
Iím a real he/him.

Hugh

« Reply #39 on: Jan 17, 2024, 04:04:35 PM »
But then Washington decided to back Zelensky and togther the US and GB decided to take down Nord Stream i and 2. This put an end to to Germanys

A bit of Russian   propaganda I believe.  

Hugh

« Reply #40 on: Jan 17, 2024, 04:11:01 PM »
The world is changing, many no longer want the US to police the world, especially when policing the world boils down to US interests.  

I agree with this   statement we do need to stand on our own two feet. It will hurt them because we will start buying our own weapons. Will we still hold their hand in time of trouble?  

Hugh

« Reply #41 on: Jan 17, 2024, 04:37:30 PM »
My last word on this subject, if Trump does get nominated then Biden or who ever may take his place will be the new President.

On the other hand you could put me down has a silly old fool like Biden LOL

Akbuk

« Reply #42 on: Jan 17, 2024, 04:38:34 PM »
But then Washington decided to back Zelensky and togther the US and GB decided to take down Nord Stream i and 2. This put an end to to Germanys

A bit of Russian   propaganda I believe.

So who do you think blew up those gas pipelines?
Iím a real he/him.

Hugh

« Reply #43 on: Jan 17, 2024, 05:12:25 PM »
All clues left including DNA samples leading to a Ukrainian passport holder who hired the yacht. They went after him only to find he was fighting on the front line at the time. Investigation still going on but I believe it was the Russians but that does not make sense.

Akbuk

« Reply #44 on: Jan 17, 2024, 05:20:25 PM »
All clues left including DNA samples leading to a Ukrainian passport holder who hired the yacht. They went after him only to find he was fighting on the front line at the time. Investigation still going on but I believe it was the Russians but that does not make sense.

Correct, it doesnít make sense when Russia couldíve just turned the valves off.

ďIt was an attack on the EUs energy infrastructure & whoever is responsible will face consequencesĒ, was the words from the EU President. If Russia had done it, the evidence wouldíve been in the public domain.
Ukraine behind it? I think not, theyíd be harming not only their backers but also the very club that they want to become a member of.

Thereís no doubt in my mind, the EU knows very well who did it BUT dare not say.

Iím a real he/him.