Author Topic: My pension worries are over  (Read 159 times)

Sidewinder1944

My pension worries are over
« on: Feb 10, 2024, 01:25:22 AM »
I have been informed that as from my 80th birthday this month I shall be receiving an additional 25p a week, that should keep the wolf from the door. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

John8

Re: My pension worries are over
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2024, 08:26:51 AM »
I have been informed that as from my 80th birthday this month I shall be receiving an additional 25p a week, that should keep the wolf from the door. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
But if you save all those 25p's up, three times a year you can buy a coffee on Rishi!  :)

Queen Mab

« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2024, 08:36:02 AM »
Can you imagine in the days of old when the 25pence rise was a delight to receive.   To choose between heating ones house or eating .  I wonder what the equivalent of 25p was to today's value in money .

Enjoy your extra pension , oh just a thought they may take it in tax 🙂

Sidewinder1944

« Reply #3 on: Feb 10, 2024, 09:55:25 AM »
Can you imagine in the days of old when the 25pence rise was a delight to receive.   To choose between heating ones house or eating .  I wonder what the equivalent of 25p was to today's value in money .

Enjoy your extra pension , oh just a thought they may take it in tax 🙂

According to a money inflation calculator the 25p extra when it was introduced by a Conservative Government in 1971 would be worth 2.47 at today's rate. Certainly more attractive to receive.

Scallywag

« Reply #4 on: Feb 10, 2024, 10:22:04 AM »
That is correct. I've been receiving mine for almost a year, but if I had to rely on the State Pension, I would have expired from starvation 15yrs ago. Thanks to wise life long investments and a good occy pension, I live just as well as I did before retiring 👍
Do as you would be done by.

German puppets burnt the Jews🤬
Jewish puppets did not choose😢

Sidewinder1944

« Reply #5 on: Feb 10, 2024, 10:50:38 AM »
That is correct. I've been receiving mine for almost a year, but if I had to rely on the State Pension, I would have expired from starvation 15yrs ago. Thanks to wise life long investments and a good occy pension, I live just as well as I did before retiring 👍

You, like me, took Brian's advice  :sarcastic:

valerian

« Reply #6 on: Feb 10, 2024, 06:50:46 PM »
How does an extra 13 a year sound? better than 25p a week?  :sarcastic:

Scallywag

« Reply #7 on: Feb 11, 2024, 09:26:44 AM »
How does an extra 13 a year sound? better than 25p a week?  :sarcastic:
As Tesco's always claim, 'Every Little Helps'  👍
Do as you would be done by.

German puppets burnt the Jews🤬